Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:33 AM
victory cruiser

Default nachi cocom or chanakaab??

Which beach is nicer? We would like to do some snorkling and also relaxing. What are the cost at these places and what is included? And what about the cab fare to each place? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Joleen

Default Re: nachi cocom or chanakaab??

I like Nachi Cocom better. It's a bit quieter than Chankanab and has a swimming pool if you get tired of the sand and salt. There's no entrance fee there - you just pay for your food and drinks. Salvador runs the place. He's a really nice guy.
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:33 PM
elationismyship

Sorry to conflict however Chanakaab is my favorite - out of 8 cruises and many many beach Chanakaab beats it hands down.
Old February 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM
victory

Default Re: Re: nachi cocom or chanakaab??

is there food and drink at chanakaab? Is there a pay one price for food and drink?

thanks
Old February 21st, 2004, 06:15 PM
elationismyship

Yes, there is a resturant and a gift shop, etc. plus many many other amenites and stuff to do (like sea lion show, dolphin exhibit, etc.) search the boards for Chanakaab and you'll find out a ton of information about it.
Old February 21st, 2004, 06:20 PM
elationismyship

Here's a little more information from another post I did . . . Yes, I booked the dolphin excursion outside of the boat at www.dolphindiscovery.com and it's a better price. They even have package deals which are not on the internet. If you just want to get to a beach I highly recommend the Chanakaab Park - it's wonderful. Has a lagoon which is perfect for kids or just relaxing without waves, etc. If you swim out about 20 yards they have a platform so you can swim out and then lay on the floating platform. They have beach chairs and also you can rent snorkle gear there also and it's only about $5.00, way less than on the boat. Or do like we do and bring our own cause you can pick up a decent set at Walgreens or CVS. It's a fablous park, easy to snorkle off the beach. All other snorkle cruise/excursions off the ship take you out on a boat and then you jump in - easy to swallow salt water, etc. if you're not really experienced. There is a small shopping area, a resturant, a sea lion show you can pay to go to - like $5.00/per person. Has locker rooms and shower facilities. This is my favorite beach in Cozumel, if you couldn't tell. :-)

I hope it helps.
Old February 21st, 2004, 06:59 PM
victory cruiser

Default Re: Re: nachi cocom or chanakaab??

excellent... thanks a bunch! very helpful