Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Jana

Default Ideas for cruise excursions

Hello, I am going on a cruise in March and need some ideas on what to do on the ports. We are going to Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Freeport. Thought about doing the dolphin swim and snorkel in Cozumel and the uvero boat tour in Costa Maya. Any other ideas and what can i expect on the ship. It will be on the Carnival Miracle which is a new ship in the class of the legend and spirit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2004, 06:14 PM
kala

Default Re: Ideas for cruise excursions

In Cozumel we did the Trimarren (misspelled) snorkel thru shoretrips.com , and I highly recommend it. In Costa Maya, we took a walk down the path to the fishing village and shopped and on the way back down the path we stopped at the Tequila beach Club and ate and swam and relaxed on the beach. They don't charge you to use the beach if you order a drink or something. Costa Maya mostly has a rocky coast but at the beach club it was beautiful. The food was wonderful. I suggest the pico de gallo there (it's not hot) but it tastes wonderful.. Always, get a coke in the bottle!!! Diet cokes in Mexico are called Coca Cola Light.

I had the most fun in Costa Maya...It was so relaxing....There is a large facility at the pier that has shopping and restaurants and swimming pools.

Beware of the shops...if they tell you something cost $25.00 tell them it's too high and that $10.00 is what you'll pay...They'll take it.

Oh yeah, you'll see iquanas on the walk to the fishing village.
Old March 13th, 2004, 10:33 PM
elationismyship

Default Re: Ideas for cruise excursions

Don't miss the dolphin swim in Cozumel - unbelievable. Book off the ship to be able to actually swim with the dolphins versus just petting, etc. which is called the dolphin encounter. The place I booked was www.dolphindiscovery.com and they are fablous.