Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2004, 02:06 PM
Passenger

Default Paradise Beach or Passion Island in Cozumel

Help,, we have booked Passion Island, now thinking of cancelling for Paradise Beach. Read great reviews about Paradise Beach, and so so about Passion Island it not being worth the money. What are your thoughts? Help me.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
RhondaL

Default Re: Paradise Beach or Passion Island in Cozumel

We just returned on 03-18-04, from Carnival Celebration. While in Cozumel, we went to Chankanaab Park for 1/2 the day and then on to Paradise Beach. Let me tell you, eventually I am sure they will charge for this beach. It was wonderful, my kids & I kayaked, water trampolined, climbed the floating iceberg (like a rock wall) all for FREE. There was also a band that played form 1 pm til 5 pm. To snorkel they did require a $5.00 deposit, but you get it back when snorkel gear is returned. The beach is however made up of finely ground shells and sand.
Old March 24th, 2004, 11:04 AM
TexCroozer

Default Re: Paradise Beach or Passion Island in Cozumel

We did the Passion Island Beach break back in October '03(Halloween) and I have to say that it is just "OK". The water is not that pretty, clear, blue, that you expect from the Carribbean. It is a great place to go if you want to take it easy and have a free drinks. The sand is really pretty and there are palms all around but I was a bit dissappointed w/ the water. The place is very clean. Great mexican buffet w/ grilled fish, mole, salsa, corn, rice,etc. They have activities if that is what you desire, but it is also a laid back kinda day for those that like to just lay on the beach and drink beer and tequila all day. They say that Corona beer commercials are filmed there, but if that is true then the commercials have the water shots digitally enhanced to look that pretty! All in all, it's a fun day!