Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:25 PM
travellady08902

Default Mexican Riviera Excursions advise

We'll be going on the Legend of the Seas in August with a group of teens and adults. We are looking for some excursions, preferably not booked thru the cruise line, that would give the teens the beachy fun they want and the adults some sightseeing, as well. Usually book independently but I don't know anyone to book with in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabos.

Heard about Stone Island in Mazatlan but am thinking we would also like to do a city tour as well. Can that be done in the time we are in Mazatlan- 9am -5pm?
In Puerto Vallarta, some of the more adventurous would like the canopy tour but would also like to see some of the sights as well. Does anyone combine both?
In Cabos, heard Playa Medano is the best beach with facilities. Can you get there easily? What about getting a glass bottom boat to El Arco? Any great sights not to miss in Cabos?

Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mexican Riviera Excursions advise

The nicest beaches in my opininon are Yelapa, Sayulita, and Piedra Blanca. There are excursion sales companies at the dock. Or you can hire a taxi for the day at very inexpensive rates. The bus system in P.V. is excellent, although the buses themselves can be a bit funky. Most bus routes have buses every 10 minutes or so.

Yelapa is my all time favorite. It is VERY rural and rustic. There are no cars. The only way in or out is by excursion boat or water taxi. The hotel is a grouping of little grass shacks. The cove looks a lot like Gilligan's Island. Swimming and water sports are great there. You can even use the hotel's swimming pool made of huge boulders if you buy a soda or a beer. The hotel also has great seafood right on the beach served under palapas. Yelapa is a wonderful place for the entire family. If you decide to go there, take a bus to Boca de Tomatlan. You can catch a water taxi there to Yelapa. I believe the last water taxi returning to Boca from Yelapa is at 4:30. I promise this is an adventure you never will forget.

They have great massages for very little money in one of the little grass shacks at the hotel.Plan on paying about 20-25% of what you would pay on the ship.
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:52 AM
WhiteKnight911

I believe you can do the Stone Island excursion for about $47 thru an outfit called Shoretrips. That's about a $30 discount from the cruiseline's price. They're on the internet. Good luck.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:50 PM
alanb

Default Re: Re: Mexican Riviera Excursions advise

You can take a water taxi to stone Island for $1 also and then rent boogie boards or take a bannana boat. The water taxi is just under 1 hour. The Canopy Tour is about 4 hours. You would take the 11:00 a.m. most likely and be back around 4:00 if you stay and eat or drink.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
Believer and Cruiser

Hi Alanb I hope you read this message board again. Do you recall the prices for boogie boards, bannana boats etc. on stone island. Tanya need info sailing August 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T