Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Default Las Caletas Hideaway

Is this trip worth the money. It will be myself my wife and 16 ,14 year old sons. Also how is the boat ride over, we don't want to get seasick. If the water is rough is there another excursion that has the same things that don't require the boat ride, maybe something in Cabo or Mazatlan?

Pride 6th June

Old May 7th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Gayle

Default Re: Las Caletas Hideaway

Mike,

We did the Las Caletas excursion on our 3/20/04 Diamond Princess cruise. I thought it was worth the money. I was with my husband and we were just looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy the water and sunshine. The area was gorgeous, with a nice small beach and trails up the hillside - not too crowded, enough space for everyone to spread out. You could lay in a beach chair or hammock the whole time or participate in the activities (massages, kayaking, snorkeling). I would think having that kind of choice would be good with a family. One of the best features is that the beach was free from annoying vendors! The lunch they served was great (freshly cooked seafood paella, among other things) and we enjoyed several excellent margaritas from the open bar. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The trip to the beach was very smooth when we did it - the boat held maybe 100 people, double-decker, so it was much more stable than a water taxi or tender, and the waters in the bay were pretty calm. The crew was really entertaining on the trip over - lipsynching to loud party music on the way back. Hope this helps - I have a review posted in the Reader Reviews section if you want more information, or feel free to email me!

Gayle