Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:22 PM
First Mate

Default Water Taxi in Mazatlan

Has anyone ever taken a water taxi from the pier to Stone Island without booking an excursion from the ship? Plus done horseback riding on the island? I know there are lots of places for food and drink on the island but I have only booked through a cruise line. Thanks!
Have a great cruise all!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:37 AM
Whiteknight

Default Re: Water Taxi in Mazatlan

I've taken a water taxi to Stone Island on my own when I was on the Carnival Pride. When you depart the ship, you can walk past the taxi area and out through the gate to the main street. Then you turn left and walk a few blocks until you come to a park on the left. Just past that park, but before you get to the ferry port, there is a trail to the left that goes down to the water taxi landing. It's not easy to see from the street, but there are usually some cars parked there from locals who took the water taxi. At the water's edge there is a ticket booth from where you can purchase the water taxi ticket for $1 a person. After crossing the bay, you go to the right and you'll see the beach. It's a great beach with deep sand and good surf and restaurants, bars and everything else you could want for very good prices. They have great food, $1 beer, beach chairs, umbrellas, boat rides, etc. I saw a lot of people from my ship there, but most of them paid $30+ to get there, whereas I paid $1.
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Tiger31

hmmmm....i went horseback riding today in mazatlan, on stone island. Randis Happy Horses, which isnt theough thw ship. they meet you at the terminal and go with you to the island. im not sure about just going on the taxi on your own. but if youre looking into horseback riding, i would suggest that one. i think its 45 dollars a person. and you see what seems like REAL mexico, not touristy sh....stuff. Randi mets you at the temrinal, and three other guides go with you (Maria, Horatio, and Tony I think). Maria is only 15 and doesnt speak english. i was scared at first too cuz im really uneasy around horses, but the guides were really helpful and kind and the horses were really good to ride because they were really eays to control and NEVER went faster than a trot. you ride on the beach and then you go to this reatuant called Victors which is alwaso on the beach. BRING YOUR SWIMSUIT. you dont have to carry your stuff on the horse so bring as much as you want. at victors they have hammocks and they sell shrimp and fish and stuff. i liked all my food. we got this platter with a BUNCH of BIG shrimp, rice, onion rings and deep fried potatoes for only 10 bucks. there are also TONS of shell son the beach, so i recommend taking some plastic baggies to put them in. lol, any questions?
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Tiger thanks for the Randi report -- -people always recommend that tour, but your note had the most detail.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:16 AM
tiger31

your welcome