Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:55 PM
hcat

Default LA Airport to Hotel in San Pedro

Never been out that way & plan to stay at the Sheraton LA Harbor in San Pedro.whihc I uderstand is near the cruiseport. I have a few ques. if anyone can help :
How far is this hotel from LA Airport in miles & or time?
What mode of transp. is available from airport to hotel& costs?
Is this hotel OK (we tend to not like big hi rises--just need something comfortabel pre-cruise).? What is there to do in that neighborhood? Thanks for any guidance on tihs,...
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Beginner

Default Re: LA Airport to Hotel in San Pedro

This hotel is about 20 minutes away from LAX, or about 20 miles give or take, but in LA traffic it could mean more like 30-45 minutes. There are some shops in the "Ports of Call" area across the street from the hotel you can browse through and a small portion of 6th Street in San Pedro has been revamped with some restaurants and shops. I would contact the hotel for an idea of transportation costs via shuttle or cab, they can probably refer you to the companies they deal with. The hotel's website has some information on things to do in the area. www.sheratonlaharbor.com
Old July 7th, 2004, 09:50 PM
hcat

Thanks--our cruise is a long ways off but having no idea about the area at all I thought I would ask...Appreciate the info.
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Bobbi

Default Re: Re: LA Airport to Hotel in San Pedro

Does anyone know if there are any Marriott properties convenient to San Pedro? It appears that there are a couple in Long Beach, or there is the airport hotel? How easy a shuttle/taxi ride would it be from either of those locations? Also, any idea of approximate time and cost? (We have Marriott certificates that I would like to use, if possible!)

Thanks,

Bobbi
Old July 27th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wonder4

Hi

Can you tell me if you got a price at the Sheraton? I am currently booked at the Marina Hotel in San Pedro for Oct 22. But I am flying into Long Beach. Just wondering about the price of the hotel. Thanks.

Old August 11th, 2004, 01:30 PM
L.R.

San Pedro has a VERY small 'entertainment' zone with maybe 4 restaurants some shops and a theatre (plays/concerts, not movies). If you just need to kill the pre-boarding evening you can certainly dine at the 'world-famous' Greek restaurant "Papadakis". Otherwise, "Whale and Ale' is a pretty good English pub. Both quite near the hotel, but walking at night can be sketchy. It's not the nicest part of town you see. If you have more time, people seem to enjoy Long Beach's entertainment areas. Cheers!
Old August 11th, 2004, 02:17 PM
hcat

-I think the Sheraton price was $109 including the breakfast & prefered view. otherwise it was $99 for the room for 2. They .also said that an AARP discount would be available later on. I surmised it might not be in the best neighborhood so we will stick close by & not wander too far. Our main point in going a day early is to avoid travel stress...not to tour around. Lunch, a bit of shopping & a decent dinner meal will be fine with us. It looks like a convenient hotel to the Pier that our ship departs from. Next cruise after Mex. is to Hawaii is on Celeb & I believe at the other pier so we will stay in LA itself.. Let me know if you find anytihng better close by--we have a long time & can swtich!