Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Playa Muertos

How do you get to Playa Muertos Beach from cruise pier, taxi, bus?
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Playa Muertos

If you take a taxi to Hotel Molina de Agua or if you just ask to go to where Vallarta
(which is the main drag going south) meets the Rio Cuale, you'll be two short blocks from Playa Los Muertos, or Los Muertos Beach. (Just turn right and walk toward the beach.)

It is also quite easy to catch a bus. Just walk inland to Vallarta (The main boulevard) It's about two blocks or less from the cruise terminal. Take a bus going south (Stay on the ship side of Vallarta to get a southbound bus.) directly to the same place. The buses will run every five to ten minutes. The bus driver will know either "Cuale" or Hotel Molina de Agua. The bus is just a few pesos.

Or if you're on the Malecon, just walk over the new footbridge heading south. As you cross the footbridge, you will step on to the first part of the beach.

To return do the same on Insurgentes, which is the main drag going North. Just say cruise ship and they'll know just where you want to go.

Post Edited (07-20-04 09:17)
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Chuck, once and for all, Playa Muertos is south of the Rio Cuale area, right? You just head west after crossing thru the Cuale area?

I think we hit it last time there (just because we decided to wander farther south in town). Lots of hotels and food/maragarita places on the sand or boardwalk, right?

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Correcto

It's basically all of the beach from the cuale south unyil you start getting to the foothills, mountains, rocks, etc. I forget how long it is, about two miles give or take as I recall, maybe a little less.
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Yea, Art and I had some snacks and margaritas at a place right on the sand near the beginning ... I wanna say it was called Burro or something.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 21st, 2004, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Yes that's Burro's Bar. It's a great place. We call it the "Three Beer Bar" because they give you three beers in a bucket. It made us laugh.

Actually it's a good place for shrimp fajitas, believe it or not!

The condos we rent are just north of there, the nine story building just south of the Molina de Agua. They're called Condominios Villas Vista del Sol." They're nice two bedroom units with nice kitchens, dining rooms, decks with a great view, and the building has a beautiful pool on top of the building. They are all privately owned condos. We know several people that own units and can usually rent own for very little money, a real plus.

Its a wonderful view of the city and bay from the top of the buildindg as well. There used to be shuffleboard and tennis up top too but the penthouse owners revolted against the noise. I can't say as I blame them.