Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
apbaby

Default Vision of the Seas Opinions

My family and I will be first time cruisers on the Vision, going to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta in Feb. 2005. If anyone has taken this ship I would love some insight on it and if you could recommend shore tours on this cruise. Thanks, the Abates
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:27 PM
godfredo

Default Re: Vision of the Seas Opinions

I have been on the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas a few years back and am booked for the same trip again in March on the Vision. We booked a catamaran tour in Cabo and had a great time. It was on the Pez Gato and the cost included soda, punch, and beer. I believe we did it through RCCL. In Mazatlan, we took a cab to the El Cid Hotel and enjoyed using the pool and beach area. We enjoyed the beautiful hotel grounds and the bar and resteraunt service at the pool was awesome. (They make a killer drink out of a hollowed out pinapple) In Puerto Vallarta we just loved walking the cobblestone streets and did some shopping. We felt that Puerto Vallarta was the best place to shop and it really has an old world charm about her. I believe we took a cab to the downtown shopping area for a small fee.
Let me know how your trip goes, because we will be right behind you. We will be bringing our one and a half year old with us, so it will be a family vacation. Enjoy!!!

Ross
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:46 PM
paljoeysmom

I have been on the Vision and it is a BEAUTIFUL SHIP. Took her last October to the Mexican Riviera. She had just been spruced up at that time with new carpeting, bedding etc. The FOOD was EXCELLENT! It was the best eats I have had on any of my 16 cruises.

Take a cab to San Jose De Cabo. It is a beautiful sleepy fishing village. The shops are great, and there are no peddlers.

In Mazatlan contact Frank @ www.mazatlan-tours.com He comes well recommended. I am doing a tour with him on 10/7 when we return to Mexico on the Sapphire Princess.

In Puerto Vallarta do the ships excursion called "Off the Beaten Track." It is fabulous, and you get to see a lot of ritzy places.
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:34 PM
apbaby

Thanks for the advice. I heard great things from a friend, about the "tropical rainforest horseback ride". Glad to hear you liked the ship. You know how leary you can be when it's your first time trying something new. Wish us luck