Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default PARADISE BEACH

If anyone has any information on Paradise Beach in Cozumel I would like to hear from you. We are interested in maybe going there on our cruise on Holiday on 10-21-04. Will be 1st cruise & so far Paradise Beach sounds nice. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: PARADISE BEACH

Hi Julie,

Here is a post from April that held a lot of detail about Paradise Beach ... hope it helps.

Harry

Author: dreamydancer617
Date: 04-19-04 20:48

hello. i just was on the carnival inspiration 4/11-4/18...BEAUTIFUL>...but a quick suggestion on beaches

go to PARADISE BEACH>...when getting off the ship any cab driver will take u there...we payed 4 dollars a person (cheap). paradise beach is FREE to enter....when other beaches in cozumel are about 10-15 dollar admission.....ALL beach chairs and umbrellas are also free. the other beach we went to in grand cayman and costa moya had beach chairs and umbrellas only available for 10-15 dollars PER chair!! riddiculous. PARADISE BEACH also had free snorkeling (pay 10 dollars and when returning the snorkel gear get your 10 dollars back) wich is AWESOME>.when most places charge about 20. ALSO free kayaking...take the kayak anywhere (HUGE RADIUS) and there was about 10 kayaks. another AMAZING thing in PARADISE BEACH is they have a water trampoline set up about 50 feet back into the water , about 5 1/2 feet deep water) for FREE for anyone. (again- most places renting a water trampoline is about 100 for an hour) also the beach right next door (wich does cost money) lets u walk right on to it (30 second walk) and lets u use their excursions (for a price)

PARASAILING is 55.
JET SKIING for 1 hour is 55.

they also have a booth set up for henna tatoos (last 2-3 weeks) and WONDERFUL hair brading and massages......this beach is a must!!!!!!!

ALSO: restaurant: Do NOT drink mexican water!! but also at the paradise beach is a restaurant (decent prices) the waiter comes down gives the menu to u, and places ur order, and comes back down form the restaurant to tell u when its ready. u sit up on a loft to eat and it is an extremely beautiful view. WONDERFUL!

KEEP IN MIND: i am thinking this beach is only free of charge for pretty much everything due to the fact that it is extremely new and they want to get tourists over to it. once the beach is known the prices will rise, this is only what i think so if u are cruising to cozumel i suggest doing excursiions at other places and resting and beaching in cozumel, so if u are cruising within the next 6 months GO HERE, its BEAUTIFUL as well!!

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 24th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Passenger

Harry, Thanks for the info. It just sounds great. can hardley wait to go. I would love to get a massage. Thanks again.
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Admiral

My pleasure ... when Dancer posted the info I kept a mental note because it was so thorough.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Passenger

Harry, have you ever been on the Holiday. That is what we will be going on. I would like to hear some more feedback from people who have traveled on the Holiday. I am really looking forward to going out of Mobile. Than will be closer to us than New Orleans. Thanks. ps love your dog.

Old September 25th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Julie, I'll tell Andy you said so. :-)

I took the Holiday back in the early part of 2001 when she was doing the 4-nighters out of LA. I went with my pal, Liz, and we had a fantastic time.

I have a review posted here under Member Reviews, so look for that. It is one of the older ships, so it does not have the 4-story+ atrium, but it was so easy to get around the ship, etc.

I seem to recall the pursors desk is a little hard to find because it's just this small area between decks, but other than that, we had a wonderful time. It is so great to be able to take a cruise and not have to get on a plane first -- makes it much more affordable.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: PARADISE BEACH

Harry, Thanks for all your info. You have been very helpful
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Passenger

You can check out our pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/awsmrn
We have pics of PB, it is a very nice beach, great view, great food, great service!!!

Old September 29th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: PARADISE BEACH

AwsmRN,
Thanks for letting me know aout the pictures. I looked at all of them. Sure looks like yall had a good time. I am glad. I will be in Cozumel on 10-23-04 & can hardly wait it looks really great. Thanks again.