Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:48 PM
Passenger

Default Melia San Lucas Hotel in Cabo

Does anyone know if we can use the facilities at the Melia San Lucas hotel in Cabo? Swimming pool, lunch, swim up bar, etc....in other words, we want a day pass for their hotel while we are in port off the Carnival Pride in March.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Melia San Lucas Hotel in Cabo

In 2001 while on a cruise, we spent part of our day at the Melia in town. A year earlier, we vacationed in Cabo and stayed for a week at the Lelia Los Cabo resort and frequently took the hotels shuttle to the Melia in town. It's a very nice hotel, so when we returned on a cruise, we thought we could walk over - NOT. it was just too far to walk despite what someone on the ship said.

Suffice it to say, we used all the hotel facilities for free. Yes, we purchased drinks and snacks at the hotel, but at the time, no one gave us a hard time. I don't know if that is the case now, so you might want to email the property and see.

Although this is a very nice hotel property, the beach area didn't impress us, so if all you want is to use the pool and water slide, then go for it. But the beach in and around town isn't what I would call very nice. It's wall to wall people and not very clean. I would head to a resort along the Los Cabos coridoor...the beaches there are much nicer.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Melia San Lucas Hotel in Cabo

Suzi,

I am looking at my map of Cabo. Where are the beaches that you are suggesting to go to instead? What are they called?

Thanks for the great info......