Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2004, 06:30 PM
aggieastrosfan

Default Deceptive booking experience with Dolphin Discovery in Cozu

I just wanted to share my extreme displeasure with Dolphin Discovery's cancellation policies.

I reserved a royal swim for two people at 2 pm, as the time I wanted, 12 pm, was full. I received my confirmation, and saw that no refunds would be made prior to 7 days before sailing. Okay, no problem, as I wasn't planning on cancelling.

As luck would have it, I discovered on my roll call thread that some fellow cruisers pre-booked the 12 pm time the cruise ship. As the ship includes the entrance fee and transportation, it was only about $10 more per person to book through the ship. I pre-booked through the ship, and cancelled my reservation with Abby.

Two days later, I was informed that my reservation was canceled, and my refund, LESS A 2.15% ADMINISTRATION FEE, would be refunded to my credit card. This was the first I have EVER heard of an administration fee on canceled bookings. According to Abby, it is spelled out in the "terms and policies", which I was never notified existed, thus could never reference before cancelling. My confirmation made no mention of any additional "terms and policies" I agreed to by booking. In her words, "I'm sorry you feel this way...there is not much I can do about this". How about letting me know that they existed and where they were so I could read them when I booked?!?!?

I will enjoy my dolphin swim and not let this get to me, but I wanted to warn other cruisers about booking direct with Dolphin Discovery. Should you ever have to cancel for any reason, they'll charge you this administration fee, even though they make NO mention of it beforehand.

If you want to book the dolphin excursion independently, use Sherri at Cozumel Insider instead, so you don't get burned should you have to cancel.
Sponsored Links