Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Passenger

Default Help choosing activities on ports

Hi - less than 4 weeks away from the diamond princess Mexican riviera.

We haven't booked any excursions yet, and likely will not book anything expensive or strenuous. So I want opinions on which ports are best for the following activities so I can start planning asap.

* Shopping
* beach (fairly close to pier)
* sightseeing tour
* excursions/activities
* drinking/partying
* cut short for calm day spent on the ship

The ports are:

Puerto Vallarta
Mazatlan
Cabo san lucas
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Doris Miller

Default Re: Help choosing activities on ports

We are going in February. This is what we have planned. A tour with Frank with Mazatlan tours. He will take you on any tour you want for a good deal. He is taking us on a City tour and to a tour of Pacifico Brewery. He will also give us time to shop or go to the beach. This is his web site.http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/index.html In Puerto Vallarta we picked out a tour with RCCL called the Historic towns and Tequila making tour. It may be avaiable with your cruise line. On this tour you get to see some of the villages, time to shop and a tour of a tequila factory. It is only $28.00. In Cabo we have chartered our own yacht for a snorkel and beach trip. These tours are also available from the cruise line. I have also read you can just take a water taxi to Lover's Beach for a nice day for snorkeling or just to enjoy the beach. Also if you want to party on a boat book a pirate ship trip. Or a boat that offers an open bar. Shopping will be available everywhere. I like to buy Mexican Vanilla for cooking. Have a great trip. I know you will love it!
Old January 12th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Shopping is far better in P.V. than the other ports. I must say P.V. is a vastly superior port to Mazatlan and Cabo, but I'm prejudice.

We go to Puerto Vallarta for land vacations at least once a year. P.V. is a beautiful city with much to see and do. One day will not do her justice.

If I were visiting P.V. for one day, I would probably spend the morning in town shopping followed by lunch at one of the fabulous restaurants. Then I would do beachy things in the afternoon at a place like Burro's Bar on Los Muertos Beach where you can party and play the afternoon away.

Or you can pay an $8 day use fee to use the pools and facilities at Hotel Molina de Agua for a truly old world Mexican experience right next to Los Muertos Beach. This an older hotel with a lot of quiet charm, but don't expect a fancy plastic touristy American style hotel, This is a quiet shady oasis with two lovely pools near the best restaurants, best shopping in town, and a wonderful beach.
Old January 13th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Great tips Chuck!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 13th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Those are all excellent suggestions - thank you.

It's hard to please 4 adults, 2 senior citizens and 1 child - but most of those suggestions sound right up our alley.
Old January 15th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Passenger

we will be on Carnival Pride April 10th with a 9&10 yr. old Thank you so much for the great tips.
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Tnt, in Mazatlan, you may wish to try Randi's Happy Horses for a half-day of horseback riding on the beach on Stone Island. We also have done a private tour through Frank with www.mazatlan-tours.com out to the colonial villages. It was nice just being a party of 8 in the van. He will also group you with others to keep the cost down.

I think either of these options are great for cruisers of a variety of ages.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!