Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to IMNiles
Default weather at sea in Feb?

Travelling to PV/Mazatlan/Cabo on the Pride Jan 30, and have had no trouble finding weather info for the ports, but am not quite sure what to expect at sea, particularly since the first two days will be at sea and we won't have much opportunity to buy stuff in port to cover up.. Any clues what to expect, both during the day and at night? Will I want a jacket on deck at night? I love to sit at or near the bow of the ship at night.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: weather at sea in Feb?

Niles,

The first day at sea going down is a little chilly during the day, but never sold cold as to not go sit by the pool. The second day at sea is glorious -- just beautiful. Be sure and try to do some whale watching ... we had great luck on the aft pool on the Pride.

The evenings seem to run on the breezy side -- great for me, because I run hot anyway, but you may want a light jacket.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to IMNiles
Default Re: Re: weather at sea in Feb?

Thanks! Any chance you can define "chilly" for me? I'm from Arizona, so I'm sure my definition differs a bit from someone who is from a colder clime! Are we talking sub-60? sub 50? My travel companion is a smoker and I don't want him to freeze to death on the deck while he kills himself with cigarettes.

Thanks!
Old January 24th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Passenger

You can bet that in February your first two days at sea will be cool. We were on the Pride in June and the first two days out were cloudy and cool then. Take layers, but be prepared for very warm weather once you get down to Cabo.
Old January 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Niles, the temp the first day at sea is about 68 and usually partly cloudy. The second day at sea was mid-70s and sunny as the dickens. Of course, once you hit PV, it will be mid-80s. I loved going this time of year -- best weather we ever hda. (We usually head down Oct 30th, when the humidity is still somewhat of a factor.)

I think your smoker friend will be fine ... I find at night just to go by a partition or something if the wind bothers you.

June is the cloudy month in Southern California, so it doesn't surprise me that it's that was at that time of the year.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Niles, we just got back from a Jan. cruise to the same locations and it had been pouring rain and wind in Long Beach. The first day out was a lite sweatshirt day but by Tue. it was clear and warm. Coming back the winds picked up and it was cooler but really never more than a sweater. Have fun!