Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MsBadGrl2U
Default mexican riviera excursions again

This is my second post on this subject so 1st THANKS!!! to Harry Martin for the response to my initial post but my family has more questions. I'm getting the impression that at Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV we can pretty much book excursions similar to those offered by the cruise lines but at a better value. My question is how easy is it in these ports to book excursions. Is it easy to book your own excursions? Are there people and/or places to book excursions right at the terminal when we get off the ship at all of these ports? Can you book the same types of excursions that the cruise lines offer such as snorkling, spending the day at a beach resort with access to all ammenities, jungle hiking?
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Laurie Qualls

Default Re: mexican riviera excursions again

we have never booked on the cruise....be careful people are waiting outside the ship for travel stuff....we have never had a problem...i'm sure you can not get the primo stuff like dolphin swimming etc.. but we have taken primo tours and boatrides and they were way cheaper......just use your common sense and your gutt feelings have fun and remember you are in a foreign country.....laurie
Old February 16th, 2005, 01:30 PM
jq

Default Re: Re: mexican riviera excursions again

You will be inundated as you walk off the ship by all kinds of hawkers selling you tours for anything you want. The prices will vary and can be negotiated. Just be sure you understand just what you are getting for what price and don't cut it too close to your departure time. There is shopping near the dock at all of these ports to do when you get back from your tour. Review these boards and at cruisecritic for advice from those who have done this many times or live and work there. Many of these tours and sometimes the non ship vendors are worse at stops somewhere on the way to or from something where they get a kick back from the resturant, bar, glass factory, tequilla factory, or whatever. Almost every scenic tour we did had at least one stop like this if not more.