Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

My TA gave me a 5 nite stay free with booking a cruise. Was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in these resorts? If so how were there. Also when is the best time to go. Do not like cold water. Was thinking of Mid May.
Lexi
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
JH

Default Re: Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

Hi, we stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Rose last May. It's a fabulous hotel, beautiful huge swiming pool. The ocean water is a little chilly, but the weather is very hot so going into the ocean is refreshing. This has a swimable beach and you can rent jet skis, parasaling, etc. I highly recommend this hotel and it's sister hotel right next door, Pueblo Bonito Blanca.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to CruzNLexi
Default Re: Re: Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

I had seen on a travelers review that these resorts try to sell there time shares. I hate to go places and be hangled over stuff like that. Was that a problem. How far was the town from the hotel? Could you walk or did you have to get a cab? How much were the water sports?
Lexi
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
JH

Default Re: Re: Re: Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

There are time share people all over the Cabo resorts, so it won't matter which resort you go to. We politely told them we weren't interested and walked away and that was it. It only happened when we first arrived. When you check in they will tell you to go over to a desk to talk to a lady, I suggest not even bothering going over to that desk, that is where the timeshare hassel begins, if you even give them a moment of your time they will try to talk you into attending, offering freebies and such. Like I said we weren't interested so we just walked away and that was the end of that. You can also visit and spend time at the other sister resorts, Blanco and Sunset Beach. Blanco is right next door and you may use there pool facilities and restaurant. Sunset Beach is farther away, on the Pacific side but there is a free shuttle that will take you there. I suggest going there for the day and using their facilities, it's absolutely beautiful.

As for water sports, right when you enter onto the beach, there is a vendor that sells the water excursions, it can be anywhere from 35.00 to 40.00 an hour for jet ski's, $5.00 for water taxi to town or Lover's Beach. You can walk to town, it's a bit of a walk, a 1/2 mile or so, on a dirt road. I would just grab a taxi, it will cost $10.00, they will not budge.

Also the food at the Rose and Blanco can be pricey, try "The Office", it's right on the beach a short walking distance from the hotel, great deal on drinks and food and a very interesting place to people watch.

Enjoy the resort. I plan on going back next year.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Lexi

Default Re: Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

thanks. How does Mid May sound? We live in FL so we tend to like the Ocean a buit warmer.
Lexi
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:45 AM
JH

Default Re: Re: Pueblo Bonita Resorts Cabo

Mid May is perfect, that's when we went. The water is cool and the air is HOT. Have fun.