Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Captain

Default matzatlan, stone island tour

Any feed back on this tour. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: matzatlan, stone island tour

Stone Island is very pretty with its coconut palm groves and the beach is so picturesque and not crowded at all. We toured it on horseback with Randi's Happy Horses.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
cali-croozer

You can get to Stone Island on your own, very cheaply. There's a small, local dock, within walking distance of the ship, where you can take a small fishing boat over to Stone Island for just a buck or two. The port area has changed since I was there, so I don't want to give you directions. BUT, I have seen recent posts about getting to Stone Island on your own. It seems to be even closer to the ship than when we went.

When we went in 2001, we spent $5 round trip total (for 4 people!) to get across the channel on the fishing boat, $2 each way for a local to bring us to the beach---again, for 4 people (you can walk though, it's really close), $10 banana boat ride (total for 3 people, I'm chicken ), $20 on snacks and drinks, $4 taxi to get us back to the ship. Total for 4 people: $43.

The ship tour was $70 per person; we saw them. They arrived on a nice catamaran and lunch was included, that's what they paid for. The rest was the same as our experience, except they had to leave at a specified time. $280 versus $43..........
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
scoutdad

Default Re: Re: matzatlan, stone island tour

You can also catch a cab for a few dollars to the fishing pier. The beach on Stone Island is beauitful. It is lined with palm trees. for as far as you can see, and noone is on the beach. Also if your interested contact Randi for a horseback ride, or she may even be at the cruise port terminal and give you a lift to Stone Island. Email me and I will give you Randi's information.and email address
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
cali-croozer

scoutdad.........how did you tell the taxi to bring you to the fishing pier? We walked there because the taxi drivers only wanted to bring us to the "gold zone"......on the way back, we were able to take a taxi.
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:31 AM
scoutdad

Default Re: Re: matzatlan, stone island tour

Randi set up the taxi. The best thing to do is contact her. She is a very nice lady and she can give you all the details. Just tell her that Peter & Jane rode with her (she will remember us)., and you need to get to the fishing dock.
http://www.randishappyhorses.com/
Old March 4th, 2005, 04:32 PM
cali-croozer

Thanx......not going there soon, but was just wondering since the taxis only wanted to take us to "gold zone".......