Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Laurie Qualls

Default Las Caletas

Has anyone been on a tour to Las Caletas....we will be in P>V in early April..can you book in town or do you need to book in advance...and is it worth it?????
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
teenytine

Default Re: Las Caletas

Yes, My husband and I where their last year, It was very enjoyable, we did excursions at every port but this one was wonderful, you board a boat and take a cruise to the beach on the boat their are some preaty funny guys for entertainment, when you arrive you take a small path to a small beach, there you find lots of cabanas and a covered cabana patio with a bar. and if you want to snorkel some real nice guys give you instructions and take you on a snorkeling tour, ( this is where I found Nemo). Then we layed around on the beach for awhile. Lunch was prepared by local women, they also offered cooking lessons while they prepared an authentic mexican lunch. The one thing I wished I had done here was explored the area. I find myself calling this place an island because that is what it looked and felt like. I leave for another mexico cruise in 2 weeks and I will return to Las Caletas again.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Laurie Qualls

Default Re: Re: Las Caletas

thanks for the information we leave a week from saturday....do you know if we can book a tour once we get to the port or does it have to be in advance???thanks and have a great time!!!!!!!!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:13 PM
teenytine

I did see some people on the boat to caletas who said they didnt go through the cruise line and as you enter the boat dock there is several places to purchase adventures, now weather or not you can purchase that one I dont know. Go to vallarta adventures on the web. Good luck.
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Laurie Qualls

Default Re: Re: Las Caletas

thanks i found it and will talk to hubby tonight about booking It said 48 hours before the date of tour...when are you going and on what ship...we are on the diamond 4-2-05
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Tammy Sparks

Yes - so worth it!!! We were just there on Thursday through an excursion we took with Vallarta Adventures and it was the best! It's a paradise getaway for sure. Make sure you walk around a bit - there's a beautiful hike up (lots of) stairs and the views are breathtaking with several great hideaways along the hike. We booked ours through the cruise line (Royal Caribbean). Hope you can do it and have a great time! :-)
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Captain

Just a note. The dollars you save by not booking thru the cruise line may not be worth the risk. When you book your tour through your ship (web site or on ship) they know where you are and it something happens wil wait for you. Say cab, boat, atv breaks down. Also Mexico is having "a little problem with unrest" you do not want to be caught up in any of that.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006