Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
paljoeysmom

Default cancun

Ahoy,

We will be cruising to Cancun on the NCL Dream next month. I was wondering about doing independant excursions while there. Anyone got ideas? I hear Isla Mujureas is beautiful. Also if you have gone on a good ship excursion please advise.

Thx!
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: cancun

Isla M. is my favorite thing to do when vacationing in Cancun. Been to Cancun for week long vacation several times and I always spend at least one day at Isla. Better prices for shopping if you want that and the best beach I've ever seen is on Isla and it's called North Beach. You walk there from the pier and it's about 3 blocks to the left on the main street in town. Breathtaking! Also, you will find the worlds best brick oven pizza in town and it's called Pizza Rolandi. Lovely indoor/outdoor restaurant, very clean and any topping you want, made in brick ovens fired w/ huge pieces of wood.

I've cruised to many island in the carribean (east, west and southern) and Isla is one of my favorite places.
Old March 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
First Mate

Default Re: cancun

Ooops! Forgot to tell you, that if you book through the cruiseline, you'll most likely won't see an excursion to the main pier, but to El Garraffon park for snorkeling. This is a very overcrowed spot and the coral is really damaged due to the huge volumn of cruise passengers. Beach is not great there either. Look at a Fodors book on Cancun and you'll see the preferred choices for getting to Isla and you can judge which is most affordable and works best with the time you have off the ship. Always will cost less to go on your own vs. booking with the cruise ship. You can email me if you have further questions!