Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Adrian

Default Activities for non-swimmers?

None of my family swims all that well and none of us have ever been snorkeling, plus we will have our 6 year old along and I think the minimum age for snorkeling is 8, so what other activities are available for folks like us?

My niece told me about something unusual - she said that they got on some kind of water bikes with plastic bubbles over them and you could go around on the ocean bottom in them and see the fish without getting your face in the water. Does anyone know if this is available in Acapulco, Ixtapa, PV, or Cabo? Those are the ports we will be visiting.

Otherwise, is there some kind of glass bottomed boat or something like that?

Thanks!

Adrian

Norweigan Star 4/22/05
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Activities for non-swimmers?

Adrian, there is *plenty* things to do that don't involve the water in your ports. (FYI: Art anmd I are the same way.

Use the search tool here to check for old messages with *many* ideas for what to do in port. You might want to search using your ports.

I've never heard of the thing your neice described, but did want to tell you they have the glass bottom boats in Cabo -- book on the pier for $12 per person. You go out to Los Arcos and around. Nice quick tour -- takes 45 mins.

Puerto Vallarta is great for walking about town, and in Zijuatenejo/Ixtapa, my lender loved the horseback riding. Also, the town itself is just so picturesque.

Again do some searches here, and I'm sure others can give you some ideas.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Adrian

Most snorkeling excursions offer the use of life vests. When my kids were little they wore them. You just float along the top of the water and look down. You can still see a lot as the water is very clear.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Vicki N

Just returned from the Mexican Riveria on Star with 4 boys (17, 15, twins 11). We did all tours on our own - we went to the Mayan Palace (nice pool). There is a water park in Alcapulco (CICI). We shopped and went to the fort (across the street from dock -$3.50 for adults). We went to the cliff divers at night $3 each. Our taxi driver was $60 for 4 hours (we gave $20 tip). He even stopped at Walmart for us to stock up on pop.
In Z - we took a water taxi over to Las Gatas beach ($3 roundtrip). Very nice beach. Calm water - warm. My kids snorkel - Saw some fish. You can see fish just by standing in water up to your ankels. Not as many fish as in Hawaii or Caribbean. Great beach to find shells and coral. Shopped at flea market. Did not make it to Ixtapa. In P.V. you can walk to the corner from marina and catch a bus to town for 50 cents each. We shopped in town. Rode the bus back to Fiesta Americana. Kids wanted to rent waverunners - the waves were too big. Rented boogie boards at Holiday inn (4 for $10). Husband got canopy tours for $45 each in town of P.V. Kids wanted to go to the beach. In Cabo, we walked around the yacht harbor. Went to Medano Beach. Rented waverunners ($45 for two people for 40 minutes). Ocean kayaks are $15 for two for 1 hour. We took a boat for $7 each from beach to tour around Los Arcos and dropped at Lover's Beach for 2 hours (our choice). We watched skim boarding on the ocean - my husband and son snorkeled (cold water, big waves, few fish). Kids had fun climbing the huge rocks. You can rent glass bottom boats in Cabo just off pier ($10 per person). Didn't make to town.
Old April 15th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Vicki,

I -- and future cruisers -- will *love* all your details. This information is fantastic! Thank you so much for all the info. I *know* I will be citing your posts for many months to come!

All my best,
Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!