Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Para-sailing in PV, Mazatlan or Cabo?

Has anyone gone Para-sailing in any of these ports? Any advice would be great! We leave on the Carnival Pride in 3 week, YIPPIE!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Para-sailing in PV, Mazatlan or Cabo?

We para sailed in P.V. but they start you on the beach and you run like crazy to take off and when you land you are controlling the chute, kind of scary. I saw tha t in cabo they start you on the boat and gradually raise you up and out. Then it is a matter of reeling you in to the boat again. It looked a lot safer to me. I am not sure of the cost it has been a while but it is so cool to be up so high and it is almost a spiritual experience.
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Im going to be on the pride may 8th and parasailing is one of the first things on my list. I have asked a few people who have been on this cruise and ive heard its available at all three ports and starts at $25 depending of the company. Like kristine said earlier i too was told that its better in Cabo but its $35-40, which still isnt bad. I guess we will find out :-) WooooooooooHoooooooooo!!!!!

Carnival Pride
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Admiral

There have been a couple of very serious accidents in P.V. One death and one near death. That person landed on the eave of the Vista del Sol Condominiums just below the ninth floor. Then he was pulled off the eave by the boat and landed on the pavement eight floors down. This person lived but the injuries were quite extensive.

The death occurred when a parasailer landed on a vertically placed piece of rebar on a construction site not far from Borro's Bar on Los Muertos Beach.

Caution should be used when choosing this sport in any location. I.M.H.O.
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Captain

We just got back from the Pride,
It was awesome. My 10th cruise and definately one of my better experiences. Go to the Carnival Vacation Club and see Wayne tell him Ron and Susan Curtis said to stop by and say hi. And while your there ask David if he has set the date. They will treat you like Royalty. If you plan on cruising again definately consider joining. The added perks are awesome. No waiting to get on the ship, the first ones off the ship. They handle all your special needs. (The spa had no appt for a maincure, they were able to get us one that day), lots of special parties with free drinks included.

Alot of people were unaware that aft on deck 10 is an adult only pool and spa. We spent way to much time there. I have one hell of a sun burn.

Unfortunately we found out when we docked that our son's father-in-law, who is also our very dear friend had been killed in a motorcycle accident on Friday. So things are a little stressed and hectic here. But if there is time between arrangement and commitments I would be happy to answer any questions I can regarding the Pride.
Have a great cruise

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old April 26th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Captain

Oh I forgot to mention that I have been para sailing on the shopping and beach party tour at Matzalan. But that is not part of the tour and Carnival does not recommend these sports, as they can be dangerous. If you want that type of thrill in a completely safe enviroment, much longer lasting than a para sail ride, I would recommend the canopy tour in PV.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old April 26th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Susan, glad you found the aft pool -- that was our favorite spot, too. My condolences on your news when you got back, though.

And Chuck thanks for the warning on parasailing. And major "ouch" on the rebar story.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

After we para sailed in P.V. they told us about a woman a few weeks before, killed while landing. You have to control your landing by pulling on the cords and listening to their whistle signals [ not all that easy to hear ] and she rammed into the side of the building. Of coarse, they told us this after the fact. When my husband was landing they we all so busy helping my daughter into her harness [ she is really cute imho] that they forgot my husband and had to run like mad to catch him before he was dragged out to see. Now, all of that being said, everyone who went said it was the most awesome thing they did on the trip [I did not go, big cheap chicken who would rather spend my money on junk out of suitcases lol ] If I were to go it would be off the boat in cabo and yes all of our family has done it every time we go to Mexico, it is that fun, Kristine