Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Checking in from Ensenada

Hi guys,

Here we are in sunny Ensenada ... weather is beautiful sunny and breezy.

Just got done walking about, buying antibiotics and hit Andy´s clothing store where we purchased him a tuxedo, some PJs with angel wings attached and, of course, a pancho. Too cute. They always remember me down here and want us to send a photo of Andy in his duds.

We got on the ship no problem ... our cabin, of course, is the size of a closet, but we are close to the stairs and elevator.

Dinner last night was shrimp scampi, scallops in rissoto, a nice salad, focaccia bread, and an Italian raspberry dessert. Tonight is formal night and filet mignon is on the menu. Needless to say, I have NOT been Starvin´Marvin on the cruise.

Gail told the head waiter that it was our anniversary last night so they came by with the head waiter and a few other waiters to wish us happy anniversary and give us a piece of cake with ä Happy Anniversary sign on it. Very neat.

Only two downsides on the cruise so far is that this Chinese family is haunting us everywhere we go ... they are slow as sin, Grandma is in a wheelchair and has no idea where she is they speak no English. Guess they didn´t understand when I said, Get the hell outta my way! The other pain thing last night is this table of 6 or 7 frat boys who think we are in Hussongs when we are at dinner. The head waiter told them last night to quiet down, and then I spoke with him after, and he said if they are noisy tonight, out they go. Yeah!

(Man I hate these Spanish keyboards ... can´t find the quote marks and the shift key is in the wrong place.)

We´re just gonna poke around town for a bit more and then head over to the El Cid Hotel for lunch and some margaritas. Yummmm

Hope all is well there ... we watched ¨Mee the Fokkers¨this morning on TV ... very funny movie.

OK better wrap up and read what the rest of the emails are from HU.

See ya Monday ... tomorrow is a day at sea.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Tbrown
Default Re: Checking in from Ensenada

When is your write up going to be available?

I am sailing in august and our dinner time is 5:30 but we will be leaving port then? will we have to be seated or is the schedule different on departure day? Also how formal is the formal night can guys wear shorts and a jacket?

I am so excited. Also I know you can buy antibiotics but do you have to have a Prescription? Can't wait for you write up.

Thank as always for all your info.

Old July 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Hi Tbrown, I hope to get the article done by Sunday.

To answer your questions, on formal night (and any night) no shorts in dining room. You could get away with a coat and tie, though.

The ship sets sail about 5 p.m., so no change in dining times. (You will have the must drill before about 4:30)

We bought Amoxicillin at the pharmacy and weren't asked for a prescription (ran $8 for 100 500 mg tablets)

Finally, here are some photos I took:

Inside cabin photos:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=2466

Ship photos:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1647

I'll post when the article is up.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Tbrown
Default Re: Re: Checking in from Ensenada

Thanks so much Harry I am forwarding to the rest of the family to see.

We are all so excited. My mother was on Monarch years agao when it sailed from Florida to carribean.

We are all just excited to get together and on a cruise. Can't wait to see your write up.

Thanks again Harry for all your great info.

Tammy

Only 20 days til we cruise...

Old July 11th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Tammy, have a wonderful time, and did you see the articles I have posted for your ports -- SD, Catalina and Ensenada.

Just look under "News and Features" above, and then go to Ports.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!