Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:49 PM
HCHANCE

Default RESORTS IN PV - DAY PASS

Hi My family and I will be taking the RCCL Vision of the Sea -Mexican Riveria cruise on Dec 11. I have seen some post on day passes at hotels in PV. How do you get a day pass at a resort? Which one is the best? How much will it cost? What is included in the day pass? My family loves to snorkel, kayak, basically any water activity. First cruise, first time in Mexico. Will the water be cold? We are from Long Beach, CA so we are used to cold water, but how cold will it be? Sorry for all the questions, just want to make plans before we leave. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RESORTS IN PV - DAY PASS

We went on the vision in Jan. but usually go in Dec.and I think the weather is warmer in Dec. cabo, the water is really warm and wonderful for snorkeling and kyaking. In Mazatlan we [ because we are cheap] went to an hour long time share lecture at the El Cid. we told them no and that was all, no relentless begging. at the end of the time share they sent us off by taxi to their other property [ it is beautiful ] and gave us arm bands which paid for all drinks and food while we where there. they have a great pool with diving rocks and a wonderful ocean front open air restaurant where we could order anything but steaks and lobster and they asked that we tip. It was such a blast and all free. They also gave us taxi fare back to the ship, the whole day was less than $10 and that was for tips. Now, they did tell some people that they would get diamond braclets or blankets or other goodies, we never saw anyone who actually recieved anything more than the free food and beverages which was just fine with us, we are cheap but we aren't greedy.
P.V., our fav. will be more humid than the other two stops but it is very tropical. the water is very swimable and lots to do. We have used the BuenaVentura property and the Krystal. Krystal is walking distance from the ship and it was $15 per person but that was a food credit, so you actually where paying for a meal or drinks. Personally, I love th BuenaVentura because it is so close to being able to walk to town and you really need to walk around P.V., it is so beautiful. At most all beach front properties there will be para sailing, the water weinie, you could also go on an excursion to Los arco to snorkel . Have a great time, any more questions, feel free to ask, we loved the vision, it is a great ship!!!!!
Kristine
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
HCHANCE

Default Re: Re: RESORTS IN PV - DAY PASS

Thanks kristine, that sounds great! Do you remember if there were any lockers or something of the sort to lock up your personal belongings while you are snorkeling or parasailing. I don't have a clue of what to do with our things while we are all out. Thanks for your help.
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: RESORTS IN PV - DAY PASS

You know what, that to me is always a problem, what to do with my stuff. I personally never saw any lockers so we traveled really light. I bought a case to wear around my neck that held my glasses and money [ it is waterproof ] and the rest of my stuff were the things that if they got taken it wasn't a big deal. I only take a throw away camera to the beach and cheap towels. If there are more than two of you someone in your group may be on the beach while you are swimming. When we went to Lover's Beach in cabo there where a bunch of us from the Vision and we kind of took turns watching each others things. I usually use a boring backpack because you do have to cart around towels and dry clothes. Hopefully , it is boring enough that no one will want it lol. I know in P.V. most people went back to the ship to change after swimming and then back out for the night time activities.
I hope you guys have as much fun as we did. I thought the food and entertainment were great and the staff so nice.
Kristine
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:25 PM
HCHANCE

Default Re: RESORTS IN PV - DAY PASS

Thanks again, can't wait now. I haven't seen to many posts on the Vision so its nice to hear from someone who has been there.