Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
kcmom

Default Xcaret and Tulum in the same day?

The Carnival Shore Excursion page states that we can go to Xcaret at 8:15 in the morning. We would also like to do the Tulum Express which is from 1:30 until 6:30. My question: Can we go to Xcaret in the morning from 8:30 until around noon, get back to the ship to change clothes, grab a quick lunch and then go to Tulum? Is it too much in one day? We really like to be busy, busy, busy.....

Suggestions for Cozumel? Has anyone done the Snorkel Helmet thing?

kcmom
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: Xcaret and Tulum in the same day?

You need to find out how much travel time is involved to/from Xcaret. If you won't be able to spend much time there, it's probably not worth the $$$.

In Cozumel, we have gone to Chankanaab and Paradise Beach and enjoyed both of them. Chankanaab has better snorkeling. Paradise Beach has water toys (trampoline, iceberg, kayaks---small area to kayak, and floats). Are you thinking of snuba? I know Paradise Beach now offers this, but if you want to see alot of fish, Chankanaab would be the place to do this.
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default Re: Xcaret and Tulum in the same day?

I have booked the Xcaret tour,and my understanding is that its only a 10-15 min ferry ride from Calica/PDC.I too wanted to do both,but from what I have read and the Xcaret website,there is just too much to see and do there.I understand the ruins only take a short time to view though.

You could go there (to the ruins) from Cozumel,but its a 40 min ferry ride (one way)and then 10-15 min bus ride to ther ruins and most ppl that have done this,think itsa waste of time.

I had considered going to the ruins from PDC and then Xcaret from Cozumel since we have 13 hrs to kill..but I think Im just gonna skip the ruins this trip..gives me a reason to go again!

Dot
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
kcmom

Default Re: Re: Xcaret and Tulum in the same day?

I know - it is so hard to choose. We actually were supposed to go to the ruins on our last (and first) cruise, but Hurricane Dennis caused us to miss that port. We are taking the cheapest cruise we could find in December with some of our extended family. We all planned on going to the ruins, but everything looks so good!

kcmom