Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default Mazatlan Mexico Information

To start with, this is a very nice format! A great new message board. I would like to start this thread again and I hope that you also post some questions because sometimes I do not know what else to write. So please start your questions!

Have a nice evening!

Saludos de Mazatlan
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default A little about Mazatlan.....

Mazatlan is more then just a little fishing village as many have thought. It was at one time, but now it is a City with around 600,000 īpeople. At this moment there is a construction boom and Mazatlan is growing. We have a new company that is working on the New Marina, which was stopped for about 10 years. They are going to have a Golf Course, Convention Center, Shopping Center, several exclusive residential areas, Condominums and rumors of a Hilton. Plus on the main avenue (malecon) they are building several full time Condominiums and many other businesses. So it still is a fishing Port, but it is more then that!

Saludos de Mazatlan
Old September 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Frank, on the new maarina, will the cruise ships eventually dock there? Or are they going to keep it out in that industrial area?

Oh, and I know a question! What kind of cars are at the cruise port ... those very small ones???

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:19 PM
Beginner

Default Factory tours?

Frank we plan to hire a van to tour the city. We really love it there!!. Was wondering if there were any factory tours worth going too.. We don't drink, but any pottery or any that allows public tours....

thanks..
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
Passenger

Default Pacifico Brewery

Harry
The new Marina will be for smaller vesels like sailboats and yachts. The ships will still dock at the older marina. The cars that you saw are Hyundai and Mitsubishi and they are imported in Mexico by Chrysler from Japan and Korea for sale around Mexico. Mazatlan is the entrance to Mexico for these cars now. They also export some cars and pickups thru Mazatlan to other countries of the world.
kittycruiser
Perhaps the Pacifico Brewery but you must reserve in advance. There are artisans and artists that do beautiful artwork also. I think that there is a lot to do here. I hope that you have a great time also!

Have a nice evening both of you!

Mazatlan Frank

Saludos de Mazatlan
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Frank, thanks for answering my curiosity.

:-)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 24th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Default The Golden zone

De nada Harry! Any other questions please ask.

I am sure that many here about the Golden zone and do not have a clue of what it is. Well the Golden zone is a certain area North of Mazatlan where all the big Hotels, shops, jewelry stores, boutiques and restaurants are. It was called that way in the 70īs because they wanted a new area for Hotels, similar to la Zona Rosa (pink zone) in Mexico City, but with a different color. I would say it should be the Green zone, because many things are in US dollars, hahaha, just joking.
But, if you are going there, you will find great jewelry stores like PARDO (Fire opals), Pacific Jewelry, Diamonds International, Diamond Marquis, Maya (Great real Talavera) and many many little shops selling from t-shirts to silver. A taxi ride from the ship to the Golden zone is around $10us each way, per taxi. The time to get there is about 20-25 minutes.

Mazatlan Frank
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Admiral

, good one Frank on the Green Zone ... but more importantly, great details on the taxis, etc.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Passenger

Gracias Amigo! I am glad the information helps!

If you want to go to the shopping mall, we have a nice one that is called La Gran Plaza. It has a Mega (which is like a Walmart), a nice Department store and also Movie cinemas, Recorcholis (video games, very nice!) for kids, Sanborns (a chain of nice restaurants and stores), a fast food area (including Burger King and Dairy queen) and many other little shops. This is not a tourist mall, you will find things that we locals buy, like sandals, shoes, cloths, food, etc. It is all air conditioned so that is great! Specially for these months. If you like to go there, just tell the taxi driver to take you to La Gran Plaza. It should be aroud $10us one way from the ship. It is also 5 minutes away from the Golden zone, next to Sams Club. Enjoy it!

Saludos de Mazatlan
Old October 1st, 2005, 01:36 AM
Passenger

Default Cruiseship season starting

This week we started the cruiseship season with the Dawn Princess on Monday and the Vision of the Seas on Wednesday. We start again tomorrow (Sat) thru Thursday. Then on Sat again. So this will be the busiest cruiseship season I remember! We are happy! Hope to see you all down here!

Mazatlan Frank
Old December 5th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Passenger

Default TAXI RATES

The Port Authorities just set up at the Passengers Terminal Building a big sign that gives you the rates that the Taxis should charge to the different areas in Mazatlan. I think it is a great idea, because you might know that the Taxis do not have a meter, so they charge as they want. With this you know how much you should pay.

Mazatlan Frank
Old December 5th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Admiral

That's great news, Frank ... Thanks for letting us know.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 19th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hello Amigo!

This seemed to be the perfect spot to wish you
Feliz Navidad

Frank, we hope you and your family are doing well. Best wishes for a wonderful new year.

Shar & Capt Ron
Old December 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Default Come on

V Oh please I do not think so.
Old December 19th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Thanks Shar & Capt Ron. It is so nice to hear from you. I wish you a very Merry Christmas and the best Year. I hope that all your wishes come true.

Hope to see you again soon!

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 2nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Passenger

suggestion for way to get to Stone Beach..best time to go....

We will be there in March.....on the Dawn..
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Passenger

We are 2 couples that will be visiting on the Star in late February. We plan on just getting a taxi in the port and having them show us the town and then drop us off at a beach. Is there any tours of factories that you would recommend and can we just walk into them or do we need to make reservations. Also, can you recommend a beach that would have places to eat and drink?

Any info would be a great help.

Karen