Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MsBadGrl2U
Default Excursions for 8 night to Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Manzanillo

Here I am again, got some great advice from Harry Martin on my 7 night to PV, Mazatlan, and Cabo, now I'm off on an 8 night Mexican Riviera on the Carnival Spirit. Is it easy to book reliable excursions once you get off the ship? is it best to book through the cruise line? Anyone have any recommendations of fun things to do in these ports?

YAY!!!! My B-day gift to me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

That was one of my favoritre cruises -- and favorite shopis (been on teh Spirit twice). Search the photo galleries for my name for a couple of galleries.

Quick tips:

* DO book an excursion in Acapulco .. I have heard from several people (annd concur) that the city is very large, the sales people very aggressive, as well as the cabbies. We did the Cultural Tour, which was interesting (and just a small van), though I have heard the divers are great to watch.

* Zijuatenejo/Ixtapa -- Zijuatenjo is the most picturesque port, I think. Easy to just walk around, lunch in the fishing village area or take a water taxi to Las Gatas beach.

* Manzanillo -- though it is very pretty town, we didn't find much to sight-see here. My lender did an inland/jungle tour that she said was quite interesting.

Hope that part starts to help ... I also printed out pages and pages of oturist info, which was great reading by the pool. The two days at sea down and back make for a *very* relaxing cruise.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
First Mate

Harry, when you advise to book a tour in Acapulco, do you mean one of the ship's shore excursions? Or just book something via the internet ahead of time?
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Admiral

In this case, I would probably book through the ship. As soon as you walk outside the dock area, you are inundated with big city. My niece concurred on this when she went this past November.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007

hi maybe i can help.....i did the same tour that harry did but this one does not included the divers and he is right when you do get off the ship you will find one million taxi drivers out there to deal with after our tour with the ship we went out there and got lucky....we found a good guide driver who took us to senor frogs for a drink for a reasonable price and then took us back to the ship ...yes she waited for us.....i asked her for her card and she does have a email address if you would like to get in touch with her here it is and i do recommened her services good van good ac and good english her name is rosy here is the address
artpros@prodigy.net.mx
hope that this has been of some help to you
Old November 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
Beginner

We are cruising in January and booked a driver and tour for the day. This driver was recommended by other travelers and has an e-mail address and will get back to you immediately. He is taking 8 of us all day for $25. a person. E-mail me if you want more information.Carol
Old November 24th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Admiral

Great tip, Carol, and *please* report back for future cruisers

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 28th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Passenger

Hi would be interested in any email addresses for some tours. We leave on Friday (yea) on the Spirit. There will be 6 of us. We have tried the "find the driver on the pier" thing and it has worked out well but it would be nice to have a recomendation from someone.
Thanks