A group of us (20) will be traveling on the NCL Star in January doing the Mexican Riviera. I would appreciate any advice on the following questions and concerns:
1) Most importantly, my mother in law age 62 will be on this cruise with us. She has liver cancer and has lost 35 pounds in the last year. Present weight about 95 pounds. Needless to say she is often very weak and very tired but an experienced and very excited cruiser--Vacations are all she lives for now. Any advice on excursions and or ways to get around each port that would be easiest for her would be appreciated.
She has been to most of the ports. Seems to be more excited about Acapulco than any as far as doing something there. Already mentioned that she may or may not get off at the other ports.
She does love to sit in the sun. Can you give me hotels in each port that allow day passes to use their pool etc? Along that line, which port is the best to just call it a pool or beach day if that is all we want to do.
2) Where would you recommend that we all have dinner in Acapulco? Our age group is 32-62 with the older ones acting more like 50 year olds. We would like some place with a little bit of a party scene but not a disco where you can't hear each other talk. Preferably a Mexican type like Carlos and Charlies or something like that.
3) I have read so much about the cliff divers. Is that the must do at least once thing in Puerta Vallarta or is there something else. Last time we went to Paradise Village for the day and then to the Malecon (sp) at night for dinner and shopping--different ship which left a lot later in the evening .
4) Is Acapulco the only port without a tender? I think we docked in PV last time but maybe that is hit and miss depending on how many cruise ships are in that day?
5) Which ports can you just get off the ship and be right in the heart of the action?
6) Usually in Cabo, we go to the office for lunch. Any recommendations?
Sorry about the long post. Thank you in advance for any advice that you can give me regarding the questions above or on anything else that you feel may be helpful to our group.