Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Default WHich canopy tour in PV is best?

I've read that there are two canopy tours. One is El Eden, the other Los Veranos. Which is better and why?
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Beginner

Hi Patty,
Can't help you with any of your questions our first time as well for this type of experience. Just adding a question of my own to your topic.
We are interested in the Canopy Adventure in PV. How frightful is it? Any info on this tour would be gratefully appreciated, as well.
Hope you have a great trip
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Passenger

Default are you still looking?

If you haven't gone on your cruise/trip;, you might want to read these posts:

*edited for commercial content*

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...st-m10547.html
(also some links to El Eden on this page for more research)

The first one deals more with Los Veranos and the second one is a comparison.
Hope this helps.

And if you have gone, would you mind posting your thoughts on whichever you used? We go in Feb and I am still undecided
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: WHich canopy tour in PV is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Bikowsky
I've read that there are two canopy tours. One is El Eden, the other Los Veranos. Which is better and why?
as i understand it the el eden is only booked thru your cruise line and los veranos can be booked by anyone

excursions booked independently are usually cheaper then the ones marketed by the cruise line and less crowded

you must remember if you are going independent to allow enough time for the unexpected when getting back to the ship -- it will not wait for you and you are on your own in getting to the next port in order to catch up with your ship
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

patty

here is the site http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/
for the independent tour
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by justustwo
We are interested in the Canopy Adventure in PV. How frightful is it? Any info on this tour would be gratefully appreciated,
i recently did the zip line tour while on maui and i am planning to do it again in pv

being candid -- it is more frightful to some then to others -- on maui they start you off easy so you can get your confidence --about 15 ft off the ground and maybe 75 feet across----each zip builds in height and distance-the last one is 325 ft long --- 100 ft above the ground and top speed it 40 mph

it is such a rush-------------the most difficult thing is stepping off the platform into thin air----------for the rest gravity takes over

im 65 years old and had 3 surgeries on my right foot and 1 on my left knee about 3 yrs ago and i had no problems ----wear sneakers or the like--no open toe shoes or beach sandals

take a deep breath and run off the platform --have fun
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Passenger

Took the canopy in 2003 off the Pride, it was the excursion thru the ship. I have a big fear of heights and was quite terrified on the first and for that matter all the platforms but once you step off it is the biggest RUSH. At the end you have to repel down a tree and that was a great rush. Would recommend it to all. Remember to take bug spray. they will give you time to spray yourself before you start. I did and did not get one bite my husband did not and got bit a few times. Have a great time

14 days to sail Carnival Conquest March 5th
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default another view

I did one on my own in PV - Los Veranos (refers to the area) and loved it! I wore open-toed sandals (walking type - for my back) and no problems. The steps in places were steep and there was some huffing on my part (asthmatic) but wouldn't have missed it!!
Comments ranged aboard ship and some said the lack of "canopy" was not good, but they do mention in their ad that it goes over ravines and gorges, and I was totally excited. I'll do the 'cloud/canopy' in Costa Rica or somewhere!
Bugs - when I got back to ship I had lots of tiny red spots - not itchy but very visible! Was told they are 'no-see-ums' and they will be with me forever... but they only itched a few days later and only at the ankle. (Its been 6 weeks and a couple are still visible but not felt. And the dumb thing is I had the spray, but forgot to use it :>( )

Old April 20th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

***BEWARE of PV Los Veranos Canopy Tour*** When you make reservations CHECK the confirmation date they changed mine and I relized it when we got to the office to check in. You guess it..we didn't go!! They were full!! What a fricken waste!
Old April 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Default Los Veranos

I agree about checking your confirmation - everyone should ALWAYS do it - for everything. Our confirmation had 6 guests and a huge price - which got my attention fast! I notified them and they sent me a corrected one.