Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Beginner

Default Buying knives in Mexico

Hello,

We will be sailing on Vision of the Seas on December 11, 2005 and had a question about buying knives in Mexico. My son has a knife collection and was hoping to pick up some deals in Mexico, but will we have any problems bringing them on the ship. I don't mind if they hold them until we leave, but if he can't even bring it on the ship, I would hate for him to waste his money purchasing one. Anyone ever have any problems?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I am nearly 99 percent it would be confiscated, because I do recall signs saying all marshal arts weapons etc are verbotten.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

My DH and myself, bought knives when we were in Alaska two years ago on a Princess cruise. It was our first time there and it was at the end of the cruise season and they had some great prices. We found some we wanted to bring back for our son and son-in-law, and asked at the store before we purchased them if we were allowed to take them back to the ship. They said to show them at the security point when you're going back on the ship and they will hold them for you until the end of your cruise and then you can get them back. We told security and they gave us a receipt and said to ask for them the last day. The last day we couldn't find anyone who knew anything about them. We left the ship and asked again at the airport. The airport rep for Princess said they would make a call and they had them at a security desk, after you got off the ship. We did not see this desk. We were surprised when we were told that someone would bring them to us at the Vancouver Airport, so we could have them before we left for home. It was the ONLY time in my lifetime that there were no lines to check in at the airport desk; and therefore, we didn't get them in time. When I got home I asked my TA if there was any way they could contact Princess and see if they would ship them to us. We were sent a lost and found claim and we filled it out. To our surprise, they arrived from FedEx a few days later. We were prepared to pay for the service, but we were told that there was no charge. I don't know if any other cruise line would have done that for us or not. We've traveled on quite a few cruise lines. I find Princess reps to be a lot more helpful than RCI reps; although I like RCI cruises just a little better than Princess. Princess really came thru for us on that one.....

Happy Cruising.....Buddy
PS We would have had to have access to our checked luggage also, because of course they are not allowed in carry one luggage.