Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2005, 10:03 AM
First Mate

Default Costa Maya Pictures

Here are some of our pictures from Costa Maya. We had a great day!

http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Passenger

Which ruins did you see in Costa Maya? I am going to Chacchoben in 5 days and am wondering if we can climb the pyramids like the one in your photo? Also, do you know anything about the massages on the beach at Mahajual? We heard they were wonderful!! One last question... did you see any markets to actually bargain in?
Old March 20th, 2006, 06:20 PM
First Mate

The name of the ruins is in one of the photos. I don't remember it off-hand.

We didn't get a massage, but others who did said it was great.

There was a market at the entry to the ruins that had unusual items. We dickered with a man and got a hand carved bowl. I don't remember the name of the wood, but I had never heard of it before.

Have a great time!

Michelle
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Passenger

Thanks Steffie. I think we'll have to try one of the massages if we get time! I was hoping I could climb to the top of the ruins but I guess that doesn't happen too many places anymore. We're expecting snow tonight so I am really going to have fun! Nice weather, beautiful scenery and no responsibility for a week!! Whoopee!!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Maestra, if yer still around, massages on the beach in Majahual were the best deal anywhere, half hour for $20, which they bumped up to 40 minutes if you started to walk away. Our friend had a great one. Cabs are $3 p.p. from the ship, and $2 back (go figure).
-Bob
Old March 23rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
Passenger

Thanks Bob! I'm still here but not for long! I'll have to remember not to look too interested in the massages at first so I can get the 40 minutes, huh?