Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
First Mate

Default What to do in Acapulco,Ixtapa & Manzanillo

Looking for suggestions on things to do in port so we might not need to book excursions?? Any one out there know if they also offer some excursions to purchase in port like in PV and Mazatlan? Any info would be helpful. Thanks! Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
Beginner

Hello
If you are looking for things to do in Ixtapa... If you enjoy snorkeling, I would suggest catching a cab at the port and going over to the Island of Ixtapa.. Once you get to the Island area, it's $3.00 per person to get over to the island on their little water taxi's and renting the snorkeling stuff is at most $8.00 per person... One side of the island you won't be able to keep your feet out of the sand and the other side you will want to get in the water as soon as possible as the rocks will hurt your feet and make it feel like you are walking on glass!!!

In Acapulco, I would suggest at least getting over to see the divers... THey charge per person to see them and I think last year it was something like 4 or 5 dollars per person, but you have to get a taxi to take you over there before they do their jump at 1 p.m. I think... Once we were taken back to the shopping area, we got picked up by a tour guide!! That was interesting in itself... Acapulco was as far as we considered pretty dirty...

Have fun in whatever you do.. When will you be cruising??
Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

In PV, I always say a walking tour of downtown is best -- it's so pretty there. In Mazatlan, Marlin Tours offers a city tour at the terminal for $15, Randi's Happy Horses is great, and Frank offers wonderful private tours -- we loved ours to the Colonial Villages.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 29th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Beginner

Default what to do-

We just returned and had a fabulous time. We could talk about it for hours. We loved Acapulco. We hired a driver and had a perfect day touring the area. We visited beautiful hotels, sat on the beach, saw the cliff divers and much more. My wife can give you an e-mail address for our driver. Send a note to carolheigh@comcast.net. In Ixtapa we had a great day at a fancy resort. There was no charge to use the pool or beach chairs. We took the canopy tour in PV and enjoyed that. Overall we really enjoyed this cruise.