Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Randi's Happy Horses

Hello, we just got back from our trip we took Harry's advice and did the horse back riding with Randi's Happy Horses. This is one of the best excursions we have done in a long time! I would highly recommend this to anyone. Randi and the guy's are so friendly and happy to anything to make your time with them the best it can be. We especially enjoyed eating at the restaurant on the beach and eating an authentic Mexican meal.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Passenger

Did you happen to take kids and if so how old were they? I emailed randis after reading good reviews and have not received any word back. Did you see any kids on this trip? Our daughter is 8 (almost 9) and we thought it would be fun.
thanks
Old January 18th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Passenger

Yes, we took our seven year old on this with us and he had a ball! It was his first time on a horse of his own. He has rode horses with one of us on the same horse but never by himself. At no time during the ride was there not one of the guides too far from him. The horse they put our son on was great. The horse was mellow and very tolerant of a seven yr old boy on it's back. On the way back to the restaurant I saw and heard him on his horse saying undelay, undelay and proding the horse with his feet and a few taps of the rope on it's hind quarters. The horse was going just faster than a walk and was steadfast on it's course. The funny thing was that with our son doing this the other horses around him were really picking up the pace and starting to move along at a good clip.
I know that Randi was having some problems with her computer and was just finishing up on getting it fixed so this might be the reason she has been slow to get back to you.
I had eight of my family (brothers, sisters, kids) doing this excursion and all of us said that if we were back down there we would do this ride again. It is so relaxing on the ride and hanging out on the beach at the restaurant eating a nice meal. Our son just keeps talking about this and the fun he had.
Old January 18th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the info. She did finally get back to me yesterday. How long is the whole excursion? That was the only question I had.

Thanks again!
Old January 18th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Passenger

We met Randi at the pier at 8:30 and returned about 1:00
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:52 AM
Beginner

Default Randi's Happy Horse

I too, have heard this is the excursion to take, but need to have contact information. Does anyone still have email or website?
Old January 21st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Randi's

I just booked with Randi's Happy horses for our Cruise on the Pride in April. The web site is www.randishappyhorses.com . She replied the next day.
2006 Carnival Pride / Mexican Riviera
2008 Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean
2009 Sapphire Princess / Mexican Riv

Need some cruise help?
Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

So happy to hear you enjoyed yourself! My sister is leaving on the 28th on the Sapphire, and she's going with Randi too.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Passenger

Harry that is the same cruise we are taking so we will probably see her on that excursion. We will post when we get back and let you know how it was. So far have heard nothing bad about it.
Thanks,
Janice
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Janice, my sister's name is Terri and her boyfriend is Don. She's about 5-3, real energetic and about 129. Hope you get to run into her.

:-)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Ill try to remember, might have had too many cervezas by that day on the trip. Do you know how big the groups normally are on this excursion?
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Admiral

We had an unusually large one and it was 45 .. I think in the 20s is more likely.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Passenger

Cool beans! Let you know how it goes when we get back.
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:53 AM
Beginner

Default Randi's Happy Horses

Hello Everyone,
We just returned from our cruise (1/21 - 28/06) and had booked a day trip with Randi's Happy Horses. It was great! We had a wonderful time from the moment Tony greeted us at the terminal with his bright pink sign until Randi hugged us goodbye.

We've taken horseback riding tours all around the country and this was one of the best we've been on. They were very accomodating and very knowlegable. We had a younger girl (maybe around 8) with us and they were very watchful over her. There is no permanent fixed trail, it may change from day to day. They allowed us to ride at our own pace. We were not forced to keep our horses in a line fowllowing nose to tail. Had plenty of time to take pictures.

If I had something to change it would have been to bring a bathing suit along to enjoy the time spent after the ride when we were at the restaurant. It was right on the beach and after eating we had plenty of time to relax in hammocks or sit around and enjoy conversation with our fellow riders.

This was a very great shore tour and my husband and I would highly recommend it.
Victoria
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Passenger

Victoria,
That was probably our daughter Peyton she is 8, she was the slower of the 2 girls. Kyla who is also 8 and her cousin has had plenty of ride time so she was allowed to do as she pleased. We also had a fantastic time on this venture. We booked a cruise for next year around the same time and will be returning for the same excursion.

Highly recommend this one. You cant beat it for the price and everyone that worked with Randi was fantastic. I think you could not have a bad time on this one.

edited-sorry i read the date wrong Victoria, we went the week after you but they were very aware of my daughters inexperience and kept up with her. But toward the end she just told me that her horse was too slow. Something to remember for next year.
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Admiral

I saw my sister Terri yesterday, and she said they had a wonderful time this past week with Randi and the horses. Her boyfriend gave my sister a big hug after the ride and said how he was having such a wonderful time. Neat thing, too, is Terri also met Mazatlan Frank when she met Randi at the terminal.

Terri's one tip -- wear long shorts or jeans for the ride, because she did end up getting chafed by the saddle, so I will just add that.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!