Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Beginner

Default Cabo San Lucas on my own or do I need excursion?

Hello All! I will be enjoying my first Mexican Riveria cruise in 3 weeks on the Sapphire Princess. Can anyone tell me if there is plenty to do right off the pier in Cabo San Lucas without me having to arrange for an excursion or if the rock formations, the shopping and/or beaches are too far to walk to? I am travelling with my mother (72) so distance or terrain would be an issue if rugged! Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

There is plenty to do in Cabo without an excursion, but there is a little bit of walking to the shopping area. You can see it from the dock that you tender in to, but it's a little bit of a walk. As far as the rock formations, there are tons of glass bottom boats that will take you there for around $13.00, about half the price of the ship excursion. They are all right there as you walk off the dock, just pick one, there are a bunch of independant guys doing that. The one we took actually was leaking a little, some of the older folks on there were a little nervous about that, but I figured there were so many other boats in the water, you are really close to shore and it's not all that deep that even if we started sinking someone would rescue us pretty quickly! It lasted about 45 minutes and was a great way to start our day in Cabo, which on RCCL is one of the shortest port days. The rock formations are amazing up close. They will even drop you off at Playa Del Amour (Lover's Beach - beautiful but no facilities) and come back and pick you up later if you like. Other people on our ship told me they took a water taxi over to one of the big resorts and just hung out on the beach there.
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Everything as far as shopping, restaurants, bars, is within walking distance on level streets for your mom.--A short,cheap cab ride will take you to beach restarants for lunch or drinks as well. You really do not need to take any excursion to enjoy Cabo.