Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Beginner

Default which cruise line?

I am in the early stages of planning a 7-day Mexican Rivera cruise for early April 2007. We will be a family of 4 in one cabin ("kids" will be 15 and 18) and my parents will be in another cabin. What cruise lines would be best for my family? Carnival seems like a logical choice, but I'm worried about a lot of unruly younger children running around. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Admiral

lilient,

I am in the early stages of planning a 7-day Mexican Rivera cruise for early April 2007. We will be a family of 4 in one cabin ("kids" will be 15 and 1 and my parents will be in another cabin. What cruise lines would be best for my family? Carnival seems like a logical choice, but I'm worried about a lot of unruly younger children running around. Any suggestions?

Either Royal Caribbean International or Princess Cruises would be a good choice for a first cruise. There lines are pretty much middle of the road, with two formal evenings and five casual evenings on a cruise of seven nights. If you decide that you want something more upscale, you can move to Celebrity. If you decide that those lines are too upscale, you can give Royal Caribbean a try.

Norm.

I also would not take children on Carnival, but others obviously do.
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I personally would not try to put 4 in an inside cabin on Royal Carribean. We just were on RCI in an outside cabin with three people and were tripping over each other. I can't imagine 4 in one cabin. I've done 4 in an inside cabin on Carnival and it was ok (me and 3 kids). Carnival's rooms are larger so while it was tight, it wasn't as bad.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03