Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Passenger

Default Pappa's and Beer or Hussongs?

We are going on the four night to Mexico on the MOS in two and a half weeks. We will be traveling with two eighteen year olds that want to go into Mexico and be able to order a drink from the bar, so my question is which bar to take them to? I want them to have a good and memorable time, not flat-ass drunk, but a good time!

Anyone who has been to Ensenada and to these bars could help me as to which one to take the girls! I would appreciate any review of either bar!

Thanks
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Admiral

brlady31,

We are going on the four night to Mexico on the MOS in two and a half weeks. We will be traveling with two eighteen year olds that want to go into Mexico and be able to order a drink from the bar, so my question is which bar to take them to? I want them to have a good and memorable time, not flat-ass drunk, but a good time!

Anyone who has been to Ensenada and to these bars could help me as to which one to take the girls! I would appreciate any review of either bar!

You probably will hae plenty of time to do both.

JTOL, sister line Celebrity Cruises will serve beer and wine to passengers over eighteen except when in ports that forbit it. Does Royal Caribbean International do likewise?

Norm.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Yes RCCL does serve beer and wine to those 18 to 20 with the consent of a parent, but the girls want to order a mixed drink, like a pina coloda or margarita, just to go home and say that they were able to do so.

I have ben to Ensenada before, but I am not a drinker so I stayed away from the bars and just shopped (since there is not much more to do there), so I was just trying to find out which is suited better for the girls (this is their senior trip and they want to have a good time within reason)

Have heard the winery shore excursion is as good one! Maybe we will take the girls there before the bar. Guess we will decide after I hear from a few people!

Thanks
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Defnitely between Pappas and Beer and Hussongs, I would do Pappas. Hussongs, frankly, is a hole in the wall, with hay on the floor, and much more of a saloon feel than the fun atmosphere of Pappas. And frankly, with two 18-year-old girls, I would defnitely skip Hussongs.

The winery tour is a great one, and does give you some great scenery (and a free bottle of wine). I think that might make for a more enjoyable day in port.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Beginner

I'm sure you have already went to Ensenada, but Pappas and Beer is the best. I went there when I was 18 and it was a blast. Good luck and have fun.

Lynn