Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Default beaches in mazatlan & PV

I've heard that the beaches in mazatlan and PV can be dirty and full of persistent vendors. Is a better choice the itinerary that does Ixtapa and Manzanillo? Any feedback appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I would not categorize them as overrun with venodrs, but do expect to say "no gracias" ... Zijuatenjo/Ixtapa gets far fewer tourists so the beaches are quieter.

I saw your other post and wanted you to know we have been on Carnival Pride, Diamond Princess and are booked in November for NCL Star. We also have done Carnival Spirit.

I booked the NCL Star due to the ports, because we have only been to Acapulco and Zijuatenejo once. Also, I like frestyle dining (such as offered on Princess). I would *not* let avoiding LAX be your deciding factor.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 8th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Beginner

We visited both of these ports last year. We did the horseback riding excursion (booked on our own) and the beaches we rode on were littered with trash. The water was still beautiful though. We also rode through a coconut grove and it too was full of litter. And yes - the vendors are very annoying. I bet I said, "No, Gracias" 100 times. It was very irritating. I know that's how the vendors make their living, but the same ones kept coming up to us over and over again.

I can't speak for the PV beaches since we did the canopy tour and never really saw their beaches up close.