Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Default Cabo San Lucas

My wife and I will be stopping in Cabo on our upcoming cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We want to make it a beach day, does anyone have any suggestions on a good beach with services? I have ruled out the main beach, Medano, as too crowded. I'm looking for something a little further up Tourist Corridor that has restrooms and maybe beach chairs and such. I was looking and saw one called "Bahia Chileno" that looked really good, but the guide book said it was bought out by a private resort and may not be open much longer, anybody know if it still is open?

Also, I heard water taxis are a good way to get around if we want to go to a beach or up to San Jose Del Cabo?

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2006, 12:18 AM
Admiral

blueliner,

My wife and I will be stopping in Cabo on our upcoming cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Vision OTS. We want to make it a beach day, does anyone have any suggestions on a good beach with services? I have ruled out the main beach, Medano, as too crowded. I'm looking for something a little further up Tourist Corridor that has restrooms and maybe beach chairs and such. I was looking and saw one called "Bahia Chileno" that looked really good, but the guide book said it was bought out by a private resort and may not be open much longer, anybody know if it still is open?

There's usually a shore excursion that goes to a decent beach club. These excursions typically includes transportation, use of beach chairs, and coupons for a couple beverages. It may also include a boat tour out to Los Arcos ("The Arches") at Land's End, which is a fascinating area teaming with pellicans, sea otters, and other wildlife in addition to incredible natural rock formations.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Yeoman

there is a beach near the arches called lovers beach--you can only get there my motorbook --they drop you off and pick you back up at the time you request

Old July 28th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to SushiSu

I'm not too sure exactly what you're looking for, but my sister, who cruised there (and where I am cruising in October) said, "The Office" is the place to go. Right on the beach, HUGE lobsters, nice buckets o beer, and great service ($20-usually will do that for you). When they got tired of hanging out there, they walked the beach to the Hyatt, walked into their pool area, bought a couple of drinks from the outside bar at the pool, and hung out there for a couple of hours!

Sue
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

My lady and I are the types that just walk off the dock into town to see what's there. You really DO NOT have to sign up for any excursions. Cabo has a beautiful beach just south and west of the dock, and the hotel welcomed us into the lobby. We walked past the pool to the beach and as far south as we could (we could not get to Los Arcos, but sunned for a while next to the rocks). We had great fish tacos and a beer before walking back to the dock. Total cost about $10.