Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Passenger

Default Help--Dolphin excursion at definia in ixtapia

Have'nt cruised in over 10 years, since we had kids, so I really want them to have a great time. Our family is going on the Spirit in Oct. The Dolphin excur. looks like great fun for the kids (4 and 8 both great swimmers) interested to know if anyone has done this specific encounter.I found the web site of the facility, could book directly or through Carnival. Also there are a few different choices. One for ages 4-7 and one for 8 and up. Would it be too time consuming to do 2 separate encounters for each child. My son would really like the more advanced one.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are doing this same excursion in January. I have a friend who did it and loved it. We decided to book directly through the place, honestly just because it was cheaper. I just couldnt see it costing us $78 to get there from the pier and even if it did I wouldnt mind so much. We have found that the tours with the ships tend to be over crowded on the bus over and at the places we go.

Post back and let us know how it was!
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Passenger

Default Please Help me-- marvlgirl

I went online for delfina and the cost was 150.00 with them and 159.00 with Carnival. Sooo I'm wondering how you got a price 78.00 less. show me your secret please!!!! Plus when I looked on Carnivals site the only available time was 2:15 in afternoon. I'm afraid if I don't book soon there will be nothing available
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here is the website that states that it is $130.00 pp. My savings for my husband and I was going to be $78.00 total not pp
Old August 24th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also on our cruise Carnival is saying that its $169.00 per person not the price you were quoted.
Old August 28th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Default Dolphin encounter

Thanks Marvlgirl you are right it's about a 78.00 savings for two. Do you know how long and how much it wil cost to get to the delfini facility? I could not find a phone # on line for them. I'm guessing if we book the 1st time avail with them 10:00 we can get there in time from the ship.