Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:25 AM
First Mate

Default Back from Acapulco/Manzanillo/Ixtapa

Well, let me first say that really I'm back from Ensenada/ Acapulco/ Ixtapa. We had a bit of a change due to Paul. Sailed on the 22nd of October out of San Deigo. It was not a good start.

Arrived in San Diego on the day before and went to check into our hotel (Marina inn) only to find out that even with our confirmation numbers we had no rooms. Heard that they were taken over by new owners and we figured they didn't want us having our $85.00 room when they could get $149.00. Boy that didn't go over well with the other 5 people with us or a few others in the lobby.

Next morning we arrived at the pier only to find out that the ship was late and boarding would be delayed. By far our worst boarding. But we were on vacation so, lines and all we knew there would be a wait. That was followed by the fact that when we did make it to the check in counter, they had taken Manzanillo off our itinery and added Ensenada. Been there 3 times, that was 2 too many. Plus I was meeting family in Manzanillo and that was the real bummer that I was going to miss them.

We then sailed 3 hrs late.

The ship was a bit rocky for the first few days but then it was ok.

Ensenada, two days at sea and then Acapulco. We first found out that we would be late for that port arriving at 11 am instead of 9am and then they said 2pm. Just great, had Rosie meeting us there for our private tour at 9am. Was unable to get ahold of her to let her know that. Turns out we 'made some time up' and got there at 11am. She was gracious enough to wait.

For all of you that wanted to know..... Rosie is great!! She picked up 6 of us outside the port area and drove us fom one end of the town to the other. We started up at the cross on the hill. Took us to Senor Frongs and to a laggon with a nice pool plus a wonderful beach right across the street. There was a good restuarant at the lagoon and you could pay to do water sports or take a boat over to an island. We went to the beach and pool instead. We didn't much feel like getting on a boat after getting off one that morning. From there we went and did shopping and then it was off to see the cliff divers. In all we spent 9 1/2 hours with her. If anyone would like to contact her, the new email address is dew_day@hotmail.com

The next day we went to Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. What a beautiful place that was. We never did make it over to Ixtapa, but had some great food and did some shopping. My hubby took the daughter and her new best bud (from Club O2) to an island for water sports and they had a blast.

Suwichi (Su) was our cabin steward, he did a great job and we had a husband and wife team for our waitstaff that were wonderful.

In the end, the last 5 days were our best. Could of been a bit warmer our last day at sea and this morning it was icky in San Diego. But we are home and looking forward to planning out next cruise.

If any has questions, let me know, I will see if I can answer them. :-)
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the review..sorry about Paul but as you said "make the most of it".. Glad to hear about Rosie as we have her booked Nov 7th. How much did she charge you for the full day?? One week to go
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:16 AM
First Mate

There was 6 of us and we spent 9 1/2 hrs with her from one end of town to the other and it was $35.00 per person. With 4 people it would of been $40.00 per person. Didn't book anything in Ixtapa, plenty to do on your own if you like to walk around and there were water taxis if you wanted to go to the beach. Let me know what you think of Manzanillo when you get back since we didn't stop there, might just have to take this cruise again. Happy sailing. Where are you coming from?
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess

Carnival Dream

Old November 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the information.. Everyone has posted good comments about Rosie so we are looking forward to seeing Acapulca with her help.
Ixtapa we are doing our own thing enjoying beaches etc.
Have book a tour thru the ship in Manzanillo. Going to the ruins. Will let you know how that was. Looking forward to the Spirit as we really enjoyed the Ledgend in April. We are coming from Arizona ( needless to say I want some BEACH time this cruise!!
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:56 AM
First Mate

Have a wonderful time. The ship is beautiful, as all of them are and we enjoyed sit down dinner every night, of course not while we were in Acapulco. Loved having room service for breakfast too. We had my step daughter with us who loved the pizza and getting the soft serve ice cream daily. ENJOY!
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess

Carnival Dream

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Captain

Any good points of interest in Acapulco?
Must sees ..other than the cliff divers