CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/)
-   -   Paradise Beach - Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mexico/325527-paradise-beach-cozumel.html)

TDM516 January 4th, 2007 09:59 PM

Paradise Beach - Cozumel

I've been looking at their website and it looks exactly like the kind of place we want to spend the day. Here's my question. Their website says that they use 100% purified water and ice. I gather that the guy that runs the place is from America, so you would think he would know how important that is to us. I really want a frozen drink while I'm there---do you think it's safe to trust that they do use purified water and ice? I don't drink beer, so getting a bottle of beer is out. :roll:

reverendjeff January 5th, 2007 10:35 AM

I have been there several times and I trust that the ice and water are very safe. I have not had any trouble at all in this place. The food is also very good.
Enjoy!

cozumelcruising January 5th, 2007 06:15 PM

Hi, there is no worries in these places of Mexico, neither the locals are drinking ground water or ice..everything is purified and the vegetables and salads washed specially...no worries, i have 4 years here and never had a problem with the water!

zydecocruiser January 13th, 2007 01:09 PM

The manager, Tom is Canadian, but close enough. The water, ice, etc are perfectly safe. It is a popular spot.

Pretty much the water and ice and food is safe anywhere you go in Cozumel, unless you drink tap water (DON'T).

If you order water, it will be from a purified source and same with ice.

If you drink too many frozen drinks and get sick, if won't be because of the ice they used.

Jiffymom January 15th, 2007 12:46 PM

when you get off the ship they are always selling bottled water you can take with you. We always buy a botlle and then another when we come back to have in our cabin.

Libragirl January 27th, 2007 01:30 PM

They sell bottled water in Cozumel all over the place. We usually go to a 7-Eleven type store there that is a block back from the entrance to Palmeras Square. You can get a large bottle of water for less than a dollar. We never buy the water on the ship when we go to Cozumel.

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!

Libragirl from Texas :D 8) :)

Jiffymom January 28th, 2007 11:26 AM

We also stop and buy water or sodas to take for our beach day.
One year I took a small cooler ( insulated lunch box size) just folded it in my suit case then we could pick up a six pack (water or soda) to take to the beach with us. Another lady used the same type insulated bag as her cosmentic bag,( carry on)then she just emptied everything in her cabin and had a nice little cooler to use for her day trips.

Joie January 31st, 2007 02:05 PM

How far is it to Paradise Beach. We have always gone to Chankanaab and want to try something else this trip.