Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Beginner

Default submarine in Cozmel

I have a 5 and 6 year travelling with my husband and myself. I was thinking about going on the submarine in Cozmel. Has anyone been on this tour and if so how did you like it? or do you have something better to do with the kids. we don't want to see the dolphins. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
First Mate

we took this tour before the damage to the reef & enjoyed it--it ws a semi- submersible that picked us up at the cruise ship pier. It has underwater viewing windows in a long chamber--not too claustrophobic for us but you now your own children--the views were awesome esp when the diver went out to feed the fish--if you do this you should also get into the town for awhile
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Passenger

We did the Atlantis Sub tour in Cozumel in 2004 with 3 of our kids who were then, 14, 7 and 5, the ALL loved it. DD5yr was excited about spotting "Nemo" and scaring a stingray that took off out of the sand on the bottom. DS(7yrs) was fascinated with all the fish down there. The rest of us enjoyed how peaceful and beautiful it seemed there under the water. You have a crystal clear view of everything without any lights on the outside of the sub. Learned that as you go down, you begin "losing" certain colors, I believe red was the first color to "disappear". It was a very interesting and educational experience for all of us. All 3 children wrote 'reports' on what they learned and saw on the bottom for thier teachers when we returned home. I say it is one of the better tours.
At the end, the guide tells you that only 3% of the worlds population has ever gone down in a submarine, and they give you a certificate saying that you were on the sub and the date etc. It was a nice souvenier!
<BR>Until my ship sails!<BR>
Old January 19th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: submarine in Cozmel

Catch a sub (Atlantis) rather than a semisub and be sure to dress very colorfully. Your clothes will become a science project as you ascend and descend.

Get a "potato clock" for the kiddos and have them feed it different fruits each day from the buffet.

Watch for flying fish off the sides of the ship - you should be seeing them -usually when you see one, there are more to come in the next few minutes.

Look around for those iguanas on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherme
I have a 5 and 6 year travelling with my husband and myself. I was thinking about going on the submarine in Cozmel. Has anyone been on this tour and if so how did you like it? or do you have something better to do with the kids. we don't want to see the dolphins. thank you.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas