Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Spirt-Acapulco/Manzanillo/Ixtapa

We are leaving next week on our first cruise. We are going to Acapulco/Manzanillo/Ixtapa. Has anyone been on that cruise? Is going on that cruise (we leave on Feb. 11th) I would like advice on shore excursions, we booked on in Acapulco, but have left the other two ports open for adventure. I would also like any other pointers that you would like to share. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Passenger

Borgman2002,

Done that cruise last year in Jan. Loved it! so much that i'm booked again on the same date you are going Feb 11th. We never made it to Acapulco, medical emergency on board so they shot us in to P.V instead.
We have Rosie booked for Acapulco,we will do what ever there. Z was the #1 for us, love that place!!! We went horse back riding and to a private beach, just hung out, snorkled and took in the margaritas, that is a tendered port, they will be there waiting for ya to do what ever you want. Manzanillo you pull up dock side. The port isn't very nice but the beaches were awesome, we went to the beach they filmed the movie 10 on. The water was the warmest and the cleanest for any ocean water I've been too.
I have only been on eight cruises but this cruise was my favorite! Be ready for the warm weather it will be in the high 80s "THANK GOD" I'm sick of the snow.
Take care,

Cruisebum
Springville,Utah
Old February 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Rosie is great..good way to see Acapulco. Loved the beaches at Zihuatanejo. Water is so warm and margarites were great. Manzanillo we did the tour of the ruins..saw lots of the countryside and visited a charming villiage. Great cruise would love to repeat it in the future.
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old March 18th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Please send me a review on this one when you get back! I just booked it and can't even pronounce the names Manzanillo/Ixtapa lol.
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Default reply for spirit

It was our first cruise, so I did not know what to expect. The ship was very clean and the service was great. We started off surprised to find that we were up grated to a balcony suite at the end of the ship. It was very nice and comfortable. The food was good at the buffets, but we really liked having dinner in the dining room. The food was a lot better and I fell in love with my dinning room waiter and asst. waiter. They were great and did tricks and entertained us well. If you see George from Romania, tell him that the Clown from CA, says Hi.

The shows were ok. We went every night. The later shows were always better though we would go to all of them. The dancing shows were not Las Vegas style (we just got back from Vegas and saw some great shows). The dancing shows were more like high school productions with lots of lights. We did like the comedy and the hypnotist.

As for the ports, our first stop was Manzanillo. We did the fiesta tour. It was fun except the part where the tour bus went up a one lane, windy road to see a view of the town, then we had to go down backwards fighting with other buses and taxis. It was very nerve racking and we all needed a drink by time we were done. All in all it was a fun tour.

Our second stop was Acapulco. We signed up for the 7 hour tour there, it included the cliff divers. It was a good tour where we got to play in the sand and have a great meal. The cliff divers are amazing.

Our last and favorite stop was Zihuatanejo. The rest of the cruisers raved about this little town also.We didn’t do a tour there because it sounded like (on cruise mates) that we did need to, and it was the best decision that we could have made. This is a beautiful little town with great beaches. My husband and I walked along the edge of the beach, went to the art museum, and made our way to La Rana Rene. You will know it because there are frogs painted on it. On that beach you can rent an umbrella from some other guys for $8-$12 or you can eat lunch on the beach at La Rana Rene and get the umbrella for free. We were lucky that we got there early because later in the afternoon all of the tables were full and it got really busy. After we played in the water and hung out for a couple of hours, we toured the town and did a little shopping. We liked this town so much that we plan to go back and spend a week there in a little hotel.

It looks like you have cruised a lot so you know all about hanging out on the boat. As for me this was a shock for me because we felt stuck. When we vacation we like to go, go, go. So being on a cruise ship for 2 ½ days was a little hard. I just do not know how to relax yet. I probably will not cruise again for a long time do to the fact that I like to be more active, but would love to plan an Alaskan cruise in about 10 years.

I hope that I answered some of your questions and if you have anymore I would love to answer more for you. Or if you want to see any photos? I hope that you enjoy you cruise. When are you going?

And if you don’t mind telling me what your best cruise was or if you have been to Alaska, I would love to hear about it.
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Thanks for the review! Yes, I would love to see the pictures!! Best cruise?????? Anywhere on a ship! I can be as active or as passive as I want to be on the ship! We have been many times on other vacations and decided that cruising is for us. Luckily my husband thinks the same. Yes, been to alaska -- it isn't the 'party' carribbean cruises like you hear of, but more of a subdued sightseeing cruise. It was absolutely beautiful. At the time I went, my dad had just died and I wan't into cruising and was glad it wasn't the party cruise if you know what I mean. I call it my healing cruise. :-) Now - I would love to go back since I"m in a better frame of mind. We went down glacier bay. Awesome - I would suggest an alaska cruise anytime! Thanks again for the review!