Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Need some excursion advice

Hi - My DH & I (Mid 30's) and my parents (Mid 60's) are going on Carnival Pride to Mex Riviera. We are stopping at PV, MZ & Cabo. I need some advice on excursions.

I was thinking we would Zipline in PV, both of my parents sound interested in that. They are kind of adventureous. I wouldnt mind doing the dolphin excursion either.

I am at a loss in Mazatlan though, we heard of Stone Island thought that might be nice just to kick back, parasail rent jet skis.

Cabo again we would like to snorkle, I have heard its nice there.

I have been on this cruise on Elation 7yrs ago and had a great time but we went snorkling in PV and was kind of disappointed. The water was a little murky. We just shopped in Mazatlan and did a glass bottom boat tour in Cabo and had wished we snorkled. So I guess I need a little direction! This is both my DH & Parents first cruise so I really want them to enjoy themselves. The other issue I have is I would love to do a boat tour/snorkle but I dont want a party boat. I just dont think my parents would dig the loud music. Haha

Thanks in advance!

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Captain

The canopy tour is great in PV. And I have heard nothing but great things about Randy's Happy Horses in Matzalan. ( It is not a cruise tour, but she has an amazing rep. I'm sure if you do a search hear your find lots of info.
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Captain

By the way we have been on this ship and cruise twice, the lsat time being Nov. 2006. If you have any questions I'd love to help. I even have my Carnival Capers.

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Need some excursion advice

marvlgirl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi - My DH & I (Mid 30's) and my parents (Mid 60's) are going on Carnival Pride to Mex Riviera. We are stopping at PV, MZ & Cabo. I need some advice on excursions.

I was thinking we would Zipline in PV, both of my parents sound interested in that. They are kind of adventureous. I wouldnt mind doing the dolphin excursion either.

I am at a loss in Mazatlan though, we heard of Stone Island thought that might be nice just to kick back, parasail rent jet skis.

Cabo again we would like to snorkle, I have heard its nice there.

I have been on this cruise on Elation 7yrs ago and had a great time but we went snorkling in PV and was kind of disappointed. The water was a little murky. We just shopped in Mazatlan and did a glass bottom boat tour in Cabo and had wished we snorkled. So I guess I need a little direction! This is both my DH & Parents first cruise so I really want them to enjoy themselves. The other issue I have is I would love to do a boat tour/snorkle but I dont want a party boat. I just dont think my parents would dig the loud music. Haha

Thanks in advance!
See the third post in this thread.

Norm.
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Susan - Overall what did you think of the cruise ship? Did you have fun? Was it clean? I seriously am not so picky when it comes to cruising but as I stated in PP my DH & Parents are new to the cruising experience and I want them to have a good time.

I actually picked this boat bc I read all the great things but it would be nice to hear first hand, you know?

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:24 AM
Captain

marvlgirl

We loved this cruise, which is why we sailed on her twice in a row.
What can I tell you? Yes, she is clean. The crew was wonderful is every venue from Cabin steward to the Pursers desk.
The décor has a lot of nudity. Most of them were tastefull. I especially loved the flying cherubs in the atrium. There were a couple of paintings that were a bit much. My feelings aptly expressed by a child of about six who look the paint and explained “Oh, Gross?.
We enjoyed the shows that we attended. Be sure to make reservations for David’s Supper Club. The food was amazing and it was very romantic to dance to the live dance band between courses. They have a dessert trio that is just sinful, but oh, so worth it.
Be sure to stop by the Vacation Club located on deck 2 forward. They are a great group of people. Even if you decide not to join, grab a glass of champagne and get on their list to be invited to the invitation only parties they sponsor.
I do not know who the cruise director is. Ours was Wee Jimmy who is now on the Liberty I think.
We love the pool on the aft deck (where the self-serve ice cream is) I could just stay there all day.
I enjoyed the spa. My husband went on a golf excursion and took three lessons on the ship with the ship’s Pro.
We heard many great things about the Ivory piano bar. We enjoyed the Butterfly lounge for dancing nightly.
They also offered a comedy show the morning of debarkation. (We did not go because has Vacation Club members we have a private waiting area and are the first passengers to disembark)
Let me know if you have any specific questions.
We are going on the Paradise in September. Any tidbits you wish to share. We have a Cat. 12 with my son & daughter in law in an inside cabin across the hall. I am excited, but a little leery of the 4-day “party atmosphere?, since the 7 days tend to be much calmer.

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you so much. I dont think anyone in my group will be offended by the decor. My parents are pretty cool about stuff like that.

As long as the staff is nice that really is all I care about. My parents tend to be too critical of people in the service industry.

The Paradise is a wonderful boat. It is a smaller vessel but the smoke free is awesome! We had a great time on that ship. I do wonder how the 4day will compare to the longer cruises. Also I bet there will be more children due to it being a smoke free boat. We noticed that when we went on her. I am sure you will have fun though!

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Captain

The Paradise is no longer a smoke free ship. It was the one and only and it just was not realistic in today's market and the concept did not fly (or float in this case).

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Man where have I been! I am so glad that I got on it when it was. It was a nice feature.

You will still have a wonderful time. It is a nice ship with some nice lounges.

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Passenger

marlgirl, when is/was your cruise...?

We are taking that same cruise Sep 2, just wondering if you are before us, if you could fill me in...

We will on upper deck 5, three balcony cabins together, starboard side, about midships I think, near atrium...

Old July 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

We actually just changed our cruise to the Spirit on Nov 14th. We did it for various reasons but one of which is I dont think my DH is going to be able to come. He is a police officer and might be getting a new job and he doesnt think he is going to be able to get the time off so I didnt want me and my parents to have to drive to LA by ourselves so since we live in San Diego it was more convenient for us to go from there. I know you will enjoy your trip! It is a fabulous itinerary, that was my first cruise back in 1999. Lots of great things to do.

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99