Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Beginner

Default Cozumel Sights

Hello...Found this website and forum while doing some surfing for things to do while in Cozumel. My wife and I are cruising to Cozumel for the first time in August. We've been to other islands in the Caribbean and have always hired a local for our island touring instead of going thru the cruise line excursions that are offered.

I would like to hear from some of you that have been to Cozumel and what kind of activities you enjoyed and if you went with the cruise line tours or strike out on your own with a local.

This site is the BEST!!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
cozumelcruising

Cozumel is a very developed and safe cruise port and island, which makes it very accessible to strike out with local guides and tour operators. There are MANY activities to enjoy in Cozumel and some are not offered by the cruise line, which makes sense to explore a little online before heading to Cozumel. Transportation, infrastructure, services, authorities...all is on a great level to receive international tourism in a safe and comfortable manner. One of the only dangers are tourists renting Scooters (just DONT, these toys are not a safe way to get around in Cozumel...go with a car!!...spend the extra $30) or Cars, and consequently produce accidents...drive aware and safe so it will be a BLAST visiting Cozumel. Good luck!
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Cozumel is a great safe place to visit. It’s super easy to get around due to its small sized and limited amount of roads. The main town shopping and restaurant areas are close to where the cruise ships stop. Shopping is cheap to very cheap. In my opinion snorkeling has really gone downhill here but the water is still clear and nice to swim in. There are a couple of small but interesting Mayan sites on the island and some beautiful less crowded beaches out away from town. Car rentals here are very cheap as well and worth it for people who want to get away from the town.
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ohiocruiser Send a message via Yahoo to Ohiocruiser

I have also wondered abotu this.. I will be visiting with a few other family and they are planning on going directly to Paradise beach.. which we will too but we are docked 8a.m.-8p.m. and i would like my kids to experience some of the sites.. Is the town and some site within walking distance? I will be with 2 16 year old girls and a 11 year old boy.. just wanted to make sure it is fairly close and safe.
Old February 15th, 2008, 11:01 AM
cozumelcruising

If you are docking/tendering at the international pier or the puerta maya pier, downtown sites are a 5 min. taxi ride away and downtown everything is close and extremely safe. If you are at punta langosta pier, downtown is right there in front of you...great to enjoy also with smaller children, you may want to do this early so it is not too hot and when it gets hotter, head for the beach...good luck!
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ohiocruiser Send a message via Yahoo to Ohiocruiser

Thank you so much for the info.. Also was wondering about alcohol purchasing.. to bring home.. I am driving so airport wont be a problem just wondering in liquor is much cheaper? For instance a bottle of crown royal ? If anyone knows that would be great.

Thanks
Old February 21st, 2008, 12:59 AM
Beginner

I don't know about Crown Royal, but in the Tequila, and Kahlua are real cheap, a $35 bottle of Tequila is about $9 it is Mexico!
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Beginner

Default Things to do on Cozumel

For general information here is a good place to start:

http://cozumelrentalvillas.com/all_about_Cozumel.html

Have Fun!