Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Bingobum44
Default Mexico in November

We are going to cabo,mazatlan and puerto vallarta in november i would like to know what the weather is like at that time of the year. So if anyone has been to those places around that time of the year please let me know what it is like. :
[/i]
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mexico in November

Bingobum44,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We are going to cabo,mazatlan and puerto vallarta in november i would like to know what the weather is like at that time of the year. So if anyone has been to those places around that time of the year please let me know what it is like.
All three of these ports of call are in the tropics, so you can expect great beach weather -- temperatures probably in the mid-80's and generally sunny. A shower is always possible, but rare.

The first day and last day, when the ship is transiting to or from southern California, tend to be somewhat cooler. On those two days, you might want a sweater or a light jacket if you are going to spend any time out on deck.

In Cabo San Lucas, be sure to take one or another of the shore excursions that includes a boat ride to "Los Arcos" (literally, "The Arches") at Land's end. That area, accessible only by boat, is teeming with nature at its best -- pellicans, sea lions, and lots of colorful fish. Depending upon your preference, there are are shore excursions that combine this boat ride with snorkeling, time at a beach resort, a scenic drive along the coast, and several other attractions.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Admiral

We have been to P.V. many times at Thanksgiving week. The weather is fabulous. Low eighties, clear skies, breezes in the afternoon. It's just about perfect then.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Bingobum44:

We visited those ports last November, on Celebrity. It was very HOT! The weather was in the mid to high 90's and it did not seem humid to me. The pools were packed (get there early!). Our cruise was from October 30 through November 10. The only cool days were when we left SD, the next day ("at sea" day) and the day at sea returning to San Diego.

We are not sun-worshipers, so we used this time for Spa treatments, etc. Had a great cruise though. If you're stopping in Acapulco, the Shot Over Jet Boat was a blast!! If you want pictures, PM me and I will send you some. Worth the money if you enjoy a fast boat ride which takes you through the area where African Queen and Tarzan was filmed.

We rode ATV's in Peurto Vallarta (sp?) and that was also fun. When your ship stops in PV, look across the street and you'll find a WalMart! Too funny, felt like we were at home!

I have to say though, at every port the Celebrity staff was there with cold wash cloths and iced drinks as we were in line to get back on the ship.

Have fun!
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Admiral

I did a little research with the weather service:

P.V. Avg High temp in Nov. is 85 degrees f.
Avg low temp in Nov. is 68 degrees f.
Avg temp in Nov. is 77 degrees f.
Avg water temp is 76-84 degrees f.

I have good friends, Mare & Conrad, who live in P.V. and they have never seen prevailing temps in the 90s in November. There is one day in the record books when the temperature was 91 degrees. That's it. We are flying down to see them this coming Friday and we expect high temps in the very low 90s on average and August is their hottest month. Your weather should be lovely.

Expect slightly higher temps in Mazatlan and/or Cabo.
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

I looked up the weather history, last year in PV and it said:

Actual Temp: 86
Feels Like: 93

It was pretty warm, I was there...and yes it did feel like 93! Maybe because of the humidity. We just remember trying to find the shade at the Tequila Factory, waiting for the ATV!
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Passenger

OK, what about will the seas be rough in Mexico in December.
A 4 day cruise out of Long Beach to Catalina and Ensenada?
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey12
I don't know about that time of year? My experience (first cruise on Carnival) we went through Catalina and Ensenada and I recall the water being rough. I think it was October or November though. Last November was a Mexcian Riviera cruise and I don't recall the waters being too rough.
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Admiral

tracey12,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Rough seas are possible any time you are on open ocean, but they are rare off the Mexican coast. The most common cause is a hurricane, which is not likely at that ime of year.

Norm.