Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Default Cozumel with a group of 20-somethings

We (four of us ages 49-59) are going to be in Cozumel in May, with a group of 8-10 20-somethings, mostly male. We had been looking forward to Mahajual but the hurricane blew that idea. The plan was to just hang out at the beach, maybe find an "all-inclusive" type setup and just chill. Now we don't know what to do. Anything like this in Cozumel?

Holiday - 1986
Festivale - 1987
Destiny - 2004, 2005, 2006
Victory - 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/h...host=community - Destiny and Victory photos
on the Victory for our son's 21st bday!
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM
First Mate

Hi Sandy,

You will not have any trouble in Cozumel finding a great place for your group of "20 somethings--mostly male" to hang out. We are also in our fifties and have taken our college age kids to Cozumel in the past.

We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Conquest (no kids with us this time). Our family has been to Cozumel many times and we usually SCUBA dive or snorkel. This time I wanted to just hang out at an "all-inclusive" type set up. Some of our friends had mentioned Paradise Beach Club. That 's where we decided to go. We had the best time ever! I loved it and want to go back. I wish I was there right now!

We took a cab from the ship (docked in the town) to Paradise. The cost is $13 each way plus tip for 1-4 persons. Plenty of cabs waiting for return trip to the ship. The facilities at Paradise are very nice. There is no entry fee. They offer free lounge chairs with an umbrella and a little table. They just ask that you order something to drink or eat while using their facilities. They have a bar and a restaurant. Also some little shops. You can go in and be served or they will serve you on the beach. We opted to be served on the beach. When we got there, we just went directly out to the beach area and found some chairs and headed for the water. They do have lockers, changing facilities, etc. We felt safe just to leave our stuff on the beach under our chairs and had no problems. After being in the water for a while, we got out and a waiter came over. We ordered some drinks and nachos. They have a great frozen drink menu and the nachos were to die for. They also sell buckets of beer for a good price. I also tried one of their smoothies which was great. They also have a lot of water toys which your group might enjoy. For $9 pp you get to use their water trampolines, 14 foot climbing ice berg, snorkel gear, floating mats, kayaks, etc. We spent hours there and just loved it. Like most places in Cozumel, the entry into the beach is rocky so be sure and bring some water shoes. They also have a pier that goes several hundred feet out into the water. At the end of the pier they have some ladders which you can use to climb out of the water. I found if you just go down the pier and jump off, it is easier than going through the rocks (they are not that bad, but could hurt if you don't have water shoes). Anyway, my sons would probably opt to jump off the pier into the ocean just because that's more fun! Anyway, you can take a look at the place on the web. Just go to Paradise Beach.com. I have heard that the owner, Tom, is Canadian, and he runs a first class place. We found everything we read to be true and absolutely loved his Paradise Beach Club. We will be going there again for sure. At the website, you can see lots of pictures of the facilities and take a look at his extensive bar and restaurant menu. I know you guys will enjoy your day in Cozumel. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Passenger

WOW!!

Thanks for all the info, Sherrie. This sounds like just the type of place the "kids" would enjoy. Us, too. I've seen some stuff about this place on another website, too.

I did get confused, though. Going to the webiste you named is for a resort in Roatan. Did I mess up? I'll definitely do more looking into this place though, even if the owner Tom is a Canadiens fan.

We'll probably have more questions as we get closer. I was just telling the DH early this afternoon that we leave eight months from today!!

Holiday - 1986
Festivale - 1987
Victory - 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/h...host=community - Destiny and Victory photos
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Passenger

OK, I found the website. It's Paradise Beach Cozumel. This place looks perfect!! Can't wait to show the rest of the gang.

Thanks again Sherrie for your suggestion. The prices on the menu look very reasonable.

Holiday - 1986
Festivale - 1987
Victory - 2007