Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Default Playa Del Carmen excursions

Hi,My ship has gotten moved to Playa Del Carmen from Costa maya in Febuary.I can not find any excursion yet through RCCL. Is there a site with them listed and also is Playa and Cozumel pretty close and what is the differance .We are doing in this order our ports of call.Key West,Cozumel,Playa Del Carmen and Belize city.We get to dock at Cozumel and tender at Belize and we like to do the Maya Ruins tour but not sure where to.It is our first time traveling outside Cnada and i will be with my wife and 2 teenage daughters.Saftey and not missing our ship is my main priorities.
Aslo a question about a catamarang boat cruise with snorkling and beach excursion in Cozumel.My wife does not swim and want to know if she can just stay on the boat while me and my daughters snorkel and soes she still pay full price ??? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:59 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

We went to Playa Del Carmen from Calica a few years back and loved it. Its a beautiful area,a little unspoiled. But, we went to X-Caret,so I cant tell you anything else really. There is shopping right at the pier and a nice beach area where there was a wedding the day we were there.

I would say its about a 35- 45 mins ferry ride to Cozumel.Im sure a little digging around,and you will find your answers,sorry I wasnt more help. Dot
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM
cozumelcruising

In regards to RCCL excursions in Playa del Carmen, you may want to check the Carnival Cruise Line excursions in Playa, as they tend to offer very similar tours and from same tour operators. Xcaret is a nice place as is Hel-Ha and Tulum..excellent for children even though the last are Mayan Ruins, Xcaret and Xel-Ha are natural parks with lots of activities and attractions. You may want to check if RCCL really goes into Playa del Carmen (or also called Calica), since they did not in the past and may chose Progreso or Cozumel as alternative ports. In Cozumel, the Sail and Snorkel tour is great, also for children, even though you need to take into account that on the party sail and snorkel, alcohol is served...
The Mayan Ruins of Costa Maya are still intact, we flew over them 2 days after the eye hit and everything seems allright, they will be ready in a year (+-) for cruise ship arrivals again in this port. Good luck!
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:04 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX

Thanks for that update...are you able to get to any ruins from Coz now? I know several are wanting to do the ruins in Feb,and it seems that there are different opinions on this..thanks,Dot
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:40 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, in Cozumel island, there is only one spot for ruins (even though on some tours the place "El Cedral" is advertised as a Mayan ruin place, it is not but has one little structure)...which is called "San Gervasio). The tour to San Gervasio is normally 2-4 hours and some include a Beach Break or Island tour. San Gervasio is approximately a 30 minute ride away from the cruise piers in Cozumel...good luck