Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Feedback on shore exursions - Acapulco, Manzanillo & Zih

Sailed on Oct 13 sailing of Carnival Spirit. Because I really appreciate the feedback that comes on these sites I am submitting my comments regarding the shore excursions I did on my trip.

Manzanillo - Discover Manzanillo & Fiesta - Out of the 3 shore excursions this was the worst one I did and it was mainly due to part of the excursion not meeting my expectations based on how I interpetted the tour description. We did a very short stop in Manzanillo. Now given the size of this stop - it really wasn't too much problem but it would have been nice to spend more time here. This was the excursion I was really looking fwd to due to Fiesta part. The Fiesta was to showcase Mexican Folklore with snacks & some Pinata fun. Before we got there we were told to order drinks and the food would be free - if we ordered food we would be charged. Well some tables got lots of food & other tables got next to nothing so first problem. Then there was a pinata but the room did not seem to be set up for it which resulted in a ladder being brought in to untangle rope from the fans. The folklore?? well this just did not happen. What we ended up with was American 60s/70s music - loud like in a nightclub - some line dancing and silly activities. This would have been fine except I really wanted to see Mexican culture - this type of environment can be seen anywhere. As far as paying - well this was also very disorganized so some paid/some didn't. To me it resembled something thrown together at the last minute in an attempt to have something rather than nothing. I would not personally do this again.

Acapulco - Cultural & Picturesque AcapulcoThis was my favorite. It had everything offered plus we also had a quick stop to see the cliff divers. The cliff divers had not been advertised & all of us were very happy to have it included. We travelled in Passenger Vans which meant smaller groups - the ability to go places a large bus couldn't - more individual time with the tour guide (who was also the driver). I had been to Acapulco a couple of years ago and had taken the city tour. I wanted to do something different and this was different and much better. This tour was well worth the money spent and I would take it again as there was so much to see that doing a repeat would not be an issue.

Zihuatanejo - Country Customs & TraditionsBy now you are probably noticing a pattern as I concentrated on trying to do tours related to Mexican culture. This was also a very good tour and may have been my favorite if not for the one in Acapulco being so very good.We had an interesting demo of tile making by a man that was over 90 YO. He showed no signs of slowing down due to age and also did not show his age. Ensuring that the tiles stay together and do not flatten or fall apart is not as easy as he made it look which was observed by watching another person demo.different stages of coconut were viewed as well as the shredding of coconut. We had many stories about Mexican beliefs and stories. Our tour guide was very good. Usually you have dialogue on the way to the destination but on the way back there is no dialogue. This was not the case on this tour - there was constant story telling and dialogue for the complete tour. This is another one that in my opinion is worth taking.
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

How was the ship? Well be on it in Feb 10th.
Old November 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Familiar Face

Ship was easy to navigate, clean and the decor is very nice - in fact one of the people I met who have cruised far more than me indicated that it was one of the most glamorous.

Food was good with the exception of one night when my beef was so tough that I had a hard time cutting it never mind eating.

Entertainment was better than the previous Carnival cruise I took on the Victory but still not as good as what was on the Celebrity cruise I took.

Not sure if I have given you the info you were looking for - if not just ask - I will do my best to answer.