Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Default Pirate Party Boat in Puerta Vallarta

Hello,
I've been looking everywhere....
Anyone have any info or experience or suggestions on more information about this excursion, booked through Carnival.
Thanks
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

The day-time cruise is more or less a "family with kids"affaire with games on board and on the beach. My daughter and family made the tour and they all loved it. My grandson was a little scared in the beginning, but soon loved every minute of it.
Very nice food en entertainment.

During the night it is more for adults, but never did that one.
Old February 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

Thanks Ine,
I didn't realize they had a day time cruise. The description for the one I'm talking about is clearing evening and there was only one time listed.
But thanks for the info.

Old March 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Captain

Hi, Fancy meeting you here again. We posted back and forth to each other prior to our Paradise cruise last Sept. I'm guessing that you had a great time since you are already booked again.
A great choice. The Pride is probably our favorite Ship. Sailed on her twice in a row. Can't help you with the priate ship. but the canopy tour there rocks.
Glad to see you've got the bug
Susan
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSAN CURTIS
Hi, Fancy meeting you here again. We posted back and forth to each other prior to our Paradise cruise last Sept. I'm guessing that you had a great time since you are already booked again.
A great choice. The Pride is probably our favorite Ship. Sailed on her twice in a row. Can't help you with the priate ship. but the canopy tour there rocks.
Glad to see you've got the bug
Susan
It's great to hear from you again.... I'm so hooked, I've already become impatient regarding waiting for a possible upgrade...
We booked a balcony guarentee, but I was enquire with my TA about paying for a cat 11.
I'm over it now... just waiting patiently for the upgrade angel...

Old March 8th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Captain

If I remember, it was some one special who gifted you with a suite on the Paradise. I know the balconey on the Pride is not the same as a suite, but the difference in the ship will make it all worthwhile. I love the butterfly lounge be sure to take the staircase in or out of that. It is full of butterfly specimens and they are beautiful. Check out some of my old posting on the Pride. You simply must book dinner one night at David's Supper Club. The food is amazing and the dessert trio is worth the price by itself. My DH wanted to book the Pride again this time, but I found a fantastic deal on Holland's Oosterdam and I just wanted to try Holland.
Happy cruising If you have any questions, that I can remember the answers to, I'd be happy to help. I think I have the Carnival Capers from the last Pride cruise we took

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSAN CURTIS
If I remember, it was some one special who gifted you with a suite on the Paradise.
I'm sorry, you didn't exactly remember that correctly. The some one special was me.... and my visa...
But this time, I'm going to sit back and see what happens... after all, if I don't nip it in the bud right now... I may never be able to book anything but the best....

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Captain

Nothing wrong with the best, but it is awful hard to step back down. I know when we first started cruising it was in an inside cabin. I just couldn't understand why people would spend so much money on anything else. Then we sailed on our first balcony. Now I just can't imagine not sitting out there with the first cup of coffee or that last glass of wine.

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Beginner

Default Pirate Ship & Tequila Tour

Took the pirate ship excursion in Puerto Vallarta a year or two ago. We did the night time cruise. It was fun. The performance they do is somewhat goofy but hey, it's supposed to be goofy and fun. There are a couple of them with some talent. The food and drinks that night were very good. They anchor offshore around the Malecon and shoot off fireworks before returning to port.

Am I glad I did the tour, yes. Would I do it again, probably not. One of those things that you've been there done that, had enough.

My mom questioned why I had a picture of one of the pirates backside. Told her it was "pirate booty". Took her awhile to catch on to that one.

We're taking our 2nd ever cruise in October and when booking, it was a definite that it had to include Puerto Vallarta (PV). Love it there.

I agree with another poster that the PV City Tequila tour, was not great. It was nice to get to see a tour of the city, but the tequila part wasn't that much fun. The last time we were in PV, we went to a different tequila tour and had a blast. It was called El Tapatio in El Pittalal. It was a couple of blocks or so behind the WalMart in that area. Will definitely be visiting it again in October.

S
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Pirate Ship & Tequila Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturner
Took the pirate ship excursion in Puerto Vallarta a year or two ago. We did the night time cruise. It was fun. The performance they do is somewhat goofy but hey, it's supposed to be goofy and fun. There are a couple of them with some talent. The food and drinks that night were very good. They anchor offshore around the Malecon and shoot off fireworks before returning to port.

Am I glad I did the tour, yes. Would I do it again, probably not. One of those things that you've been there done that, had enough.

My mom questioned why I had a picture of one of the pirates backside. Told her it was "pirate booty". Took her awhile to catch on to that one.

We're taking our 2nd ever cruise in October and when booking, it was a definite that it had to include Puerto Vallarta (PV). Love it there.

I agree with another poster that the PV City Tequila tour, was not great. It was nice to get to see a tour of the city, but the tequila part wasn't that much fun. The last time we were in PV, we went to a different tequila tour and had a blast. It was called El Tapatio in El Pittalal. It was a couple of blocks or so behind the WalMart in that area. Will definitely be visiting it again in October.

S
Thanks for sharing!

Old June 24th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are interested in booking the Pirate Ship in PV thru Carnival. We are on the Pride 7/27 and do not see that excursion offered thru Carnival website. Where did you find it?
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old June 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandy
We are interested in booking the Pirate Ship in PV thru Carnival. We are on the Pride 7/27 and do not see that excursion offered thru Carnival website. Where did you find it?
I first found it while trying to decide which excusion to book. I was logged in on Carnival website....
by the time I decided to book it, it was gone... I called carnival and they said it was closed.
she said it may open up again, but it's more likely that I would not be able to book that excusrion until I get to the ship and even then, there's no guarentee, so for now, I've just put it out of my head.
(sort of)

Old June 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info..I guess we will wait and see..
We sail on the 27th of July on the Pride. My DH is doing the hike in PV but we were looking for something in the eveing. This is my 3rd visit to PV so not too excited with the excursion Carnival offers.
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013