Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Mexico
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default Re: pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee
Hi Frank:

We'll be arriving in Mazatlan on October 29th. What day is the Day of the Dead? Will you be doing any tours with that specific theme? We'd be interested. But we can't take the long tours.

Let us know please?
Tee

Hola amigos
The day of the dead is November the 2nd (main day). November the 1st is a rememberance to the children who have passed away and the big day (they are trying to make it a national holiday, which not officialy is already) That is when everyone goes to the cemetery to pay respect to their relatives or friends passed away. It is a beautiful tradition. I have taken people to the cemeteries on that day. It is a very interesting thing to see. You will be here a few days before, so you will not get to see it unfortunatly.
If there is anything else I can answer please ask. Gracias!

Mazatlan Frank
Old August 1st, 2008, 02:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mazatlan Frank Send a message via Yahoo to Mazatlan Frank
Default Mazatlan

I have read other threads where people say that there are no interesting things to see in Mazatlan. I just wonder, if they went on there own, or perhaps on a ship sponsored tour. If so, that is why. You have to go with someone that knows the area. When I travel, the first time I go to a city, I take a tour. You can read books, you can ask around, but if you go with someone that really knows, then you will enjoy.
A lot of people take a taxi or Pulmonia in Mazatlan around the city, sure, it is fun and cheap, but they are not licensed tour guides. They just tell you what they want, some things true, many invented. In order to be a licensed tour guide in Mexico, you must study at the University. Once you pass the exam, you must renew every 3 years, but every year, go to different courses adding up 160 hours per year. The last course in Mazatlan was aprox 6 months study, plus field trips and I heard that the cost was 1500us aprox.
So this is getting to be a profession. So, if you want to really learn about Mazatlan, go with a professional. Check that he has his tour guide license.
I will mention in a next post, about the different things you can do in Mazatlan on your own or on a tour.

Mazatlan Frank
Old October 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Beginner

Hi Frank,
Long time, no talk. Our cruising date is right around the corner (Nov 1st).
Can you pm some info on touring?
We will be in Mazatlan Tuesday, Nov 4th.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Passenger

It has been a little while since my last post. Many things have been happening. A lot of construction in Mazatlan. For example
Crown Plaza Hotel
Riu Hotel
Opening soon the 4500 capacity convention center.
Soon to be built, The shops at Mazatlan Mall ($40 million dollar investment)
Las Gavias Grand, Escondido Towers, Penninsula, Torrenza, Hydra towers, Las Gavias Golden shores, Costa Bonita Marina, Costa bonita Golden, Quintas del Mar II, Tiara Sands, and so more to come. All this list are condo towers (full time).
Mazatlan is finally waking up and it is big!

Mazatlan Frank

Feliz AƱo Nuevo to all of you
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Tacos&Beer
Default HOLA!

Como Estas Frank !!

Nice to see you posting on this forum. There is always room for a smiling face like yours!
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Passenger

Gracias! It has been a while since I last posted but here I am. I will try to be here more often. Hope I can answer your questions about Mazatlan.

Have a nice evening.

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Passenger

Hi Frank,
My wife and I will be in Mazatlan on 1/27 via the Oosterdam, I'm wondering what you have going on that day? I tried to PM you, did you get it?
Thanks,
Richard Campbell
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Passenger

I just pm ed you. Hope to hear from you. Have a nice evening.

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Passenger

Default 4 ships in Port

Something happend recently in Mazatlan. We had 4 ships in port at the same time. That is a first! I always said that we had a capacity of 3 ships but I can say I was wrong. They tested the port on Dec 31 and we got the Oosterdam, Ryndam, Vision of the Seas and Sapphire Princess all in the same day. It looked soooo nice!
They are actually working on another dock between mainland and stone island so we will probably be able to recieve 5 ships someday. The port and the city are really growing!

Enjoy Mazatlan!

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Passenger

I have had many emails lately but this thread is very slow. Please go ahead with the questions that you might have about Mazatlan. I do not charge for the answers, so please go ahead!

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Admiral

What is your list of "don't miss" sights in Matzalan? Especially photo opportunities.

What activity and beach would you recommend for a family with small children?

Thanks!!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid
What is your list of "don't miss" sights in Matzalan? Especially photo opportunities.

What activity and beach would you recommend for a family with small children?

Thanks!!
Dont miss:
Old Mazatlan, which is the historical part of mazatlan
cliff divers, really interesting
cathedral, beautiful buidling
ice box hill for pictures.

I would recommend either beaches in the golden zone, stone island or go to a nice resort with no timeshare people bothering you like the Hotel Playa.

Hope this helps.

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Tacos&Beer
Default Hola Frank Ol' Chap

How is life Frank? I know you are catching "The Wave" I know we are feeling it. Life is good in Acapulco and the sun is always warm and bright. Keep the faith - Life is good.
Old January 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Beginner

e-mailed you with questions , things to do with group of 12 ages 2-65(very fun group) Please let me know, cruising riviera march 14-20 NCL, please reply by e-mail
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Passenger

Hi Frank, We will be in Mazatlan on the 5th Feb. I would be interested in some info. regarding your tours. The tour you gave for the first poster on this thread, Showcat, sounded great. They saw cliff divers, bakery Concordia, lunch on the beach etc. Our group would be interested in something like that.
Thanks.

Old January 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Passenger

Default Hola amigos

Hola amigos
Thank you and I just sent you a PM- I hope that you have a great cruise.

Mazatlan Frank
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Familiar Face

Hola, Frank. We're sailing on the Sapphire Princess in February. This will be our 4th visit to Mazatlan. We've enjoyed the cliff divers, old Mazatlan, and the Golden Zone. This trip we plan to spend time relaxing on a beach, then do some shopping. Could you please recommend the best area for shopping?

Thanks for your advice.
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Passenger

Default About Mazatlan........

Hola amigos
I thank you for your questions. I am glad that you have enjoyed mazatlan. There are several beaches to go to. Many people enjoy the beaches of stone island but it is more for relaxing, not much shopping except for the vendors.
If you like to do both, beach and shopping, I would say go around the beach where the Hotel Playa is or Hotel El Cid. Those hotels are in the golden zone so once you finish doing the beach you can always go shopping. There are plenty of taxis to take you back to the ship. Now, if you want to buy things that are not touristy, like, sandals, dresses, shoes, etc, then the best place is downtown or the shopping mall called La Gran Plaza.
So think of what you want to do and then decide from these places.
If there is anything else you want to know or something is not clear, please ask again. It will be a pleasure to answer.

Mazatlan Frank
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MsBadGrl2U

I see many people have good things to say about your tours Frank, I will be making my third visit to your city in November and wold like more information on the tours you offer
Old July 2nd, 2009, 03:11 AM
Passenger

We really missed not being able to reach Mazatlan this past April. We were on the ill-fated Mariner cruise to Mexico that did go to Cabo but then was wisked away to SF! It was our 3rd trip to Cabo and would have been our second to Mazatlan and PV. We spent our time on Stone Island in 2006 and fell in love with the place. Hung out at Victor's half the time and Trini and Isabelle's the other half. We were pretty upset when we discovered we wouldn't be going there after all in April. Was looking forward to seeing everyone again. We're trying again in April of 2011! 8)

April 26, 2009 Mariner 7nt Mex to SF - oops!
June 1, 2008 Millennium 12nt Alaska Cruisetour
April 17, 2006 Infinity 11nt Mexico
October 28, 1978 Delian Daphne 17nt Mediterrean/Black Sea

Click on WWW below to see our pix!
Old July 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Beginner

We'll be going to Mazatlan in Oct and have booked a tour with Frank.

He replies to his emails very quickly so the communication is great.

We'll be doing a city/brewery tour, can't wait!
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Beginner

Gosh Frank your tours sound like a real sucess and lots of fun. My husband and I are going on our first cruise and first time in Mexico. We leave for Mexico on 9/27 and can't remember which day we will be in your port. We would love some information about what you might have tour wise. I am thinking a massage for both of us would be nice and the idea of the small villiages and off the tourist path sound interesting. I have one question and concern and that is about finding clean restrooms and food that won't cause any stomach upsets. Looking forward to hearing from you. We are so excited about our trip!
Old August 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're going to spend the day at Costa De Oro when we are in Mazatlan and we're wondering how far it is from the dock and how much we can expect to pay for a taxi? Thank you in advance.
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Since I see nobody else has answered you, I can answer part of your question. The Costa De Oro is nowhere near the dock. It is a lovely hotel though, so it's a nice place to "hang out" for the day. I would advise jumping on a pulmonia for transportation. They are open-air little "jeeps" and lots of fun. I'm guessing about $10US each way.
1979 NCL Skyward, 1981 NCL Starward, 1984 NCL Starward, 1989 Carnival Tropicale, 1989 NCL Starward, 1992 NCL Norway, 1993 Regency Regent Sea, 1995 NCL Windward, 1997 RCCL Legend, 1998 RCCL Legend, 2002 RCCL Grandeur, 2004 HAL Ryndam, 2004 RCCL Explorer, 2005 RCCL Splendour, 2005 RCCL Serenade, 2006 RCCL Vision, 2007 RCCL Freedom, 2008 RCCL Monarch, 2009 RCCL Mariner

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanx for the info............is Costa De Oro part of the "gold zone" hotel area?
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Passenger

Default Sorry for not answering

The season was good and I was busy. It is not an excuse but the reason I did not answer questions anymore. Sometimes I need the clock to have more hours.
Anyways, if I can answer some questions please ask!

Gracias

Mazatlan Frank

Saludos de Mazatlan
Old May 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Thank you Mazatlan Frank. My hubby was on your website and he found out about the Acuario Mazatlan. We had a very nice afternoon at the aquarium. Here are some shots from the aquarium. Thank you again for your informative website.:-D

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Passenger

Great pictures. I am glad that I could help you! Anything thing else I can help you with, “please ask.
I hope you had a great time in Mazatlan!

Saludos de Mazatlan
Old December 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have sailed to Mexico often since we live in San Diego but Mazatlan is our second home.

Other than sailing, we have stayed in Mazatlan for a week every year for the past 20 years and bought a time share a few years ago at Emerald Bay. We use to stay at the Playa but the mega resorts are now getting all the tourist.

Over the years we have seen a lot of changes and the golden zone seems to be dying off.

Have met a lot of locals and keep in touch with them from the states and let them know when we are coming back so that we can get together.
Nov.2005 CCL - Spirit
Aug.2007 PCL - Crown Princess
Feb.2008 CCL - Spirit
Oct.2009 CCL - Elation
Jan.2010 CCL - Splender
Feb.2011 CCL - Spirit (Cabo)
Jul. 2011 CCL -Spirit (Alaska)
Oct.2011 CCL- Dream-(W.Caribbean)
Feb.2012 CCL - Spirit ( Cabo)
Dec. 2012 CCL- Splendor ( Cabo)